whfan74

New Tractor Club

welderman85

That is a great thing you are doing I wish I had that in school I wanted to an auto mechanic but by the time I got to high school it was gone so i took metals class and learned nothing while the teacher sat his desk for two years until they closed that class. People in the school systems need to learn not everyone is born to be a computer wizard. I'm a welder by trade i love my job and think I'm good at it but i failed all my computer classes cause i was bored

Edited by welderman85
  • Like 2

sdwyer41

That is fantastic.

• Like 1

whfan74

Leave it to the very generous and thoughtful Terry Dennis to come up with a new logo for our garden tractor club!  His creativity and generosity amazes me and I greatly appreciate his friendship!

Here is our new school garden tractor club logo.......

Thanks again Terry!

post-919-0-42683200-1379946591_thumb.png

• Like 8

Rboski

That is great! Really nice work Terry!  Stick that on a shirt or a hat! I'd be proud to wear it and support the great thing Scott is doing with this club.  

Edited by Rboski
  • Like 2

Duff

In today's world, this is one of the best projects I've ever seen! Scott, my hat is off to you, sir!  :thanks:

Duff :thumbs:  :thumbs:

• Like 1

Patrick Reese

Great job, thanks for getting involved. :flags-usa:

• Like 1

whfan74

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and comments.  I can honestly say that I look forward to every Wednesday when we get a chance to go out to the barn and work as a team.

The support for this project has been amazing and I can't thank all of you enough.

I will try and get some more pictures tomorrow night as the kids will be hard at work!

Stay tuned!

whfan74

Gearing up for our third club meeting tonight.  The kids will be ready to go in just over 40 minutes.  More tear down will take place tonight as some of the others will be working on sanding some of the tins. 

Should be a blast!  Can't wait to have them working away.

I will try and remember to take some pictures again and post some up for the rest of you to enjoy!!!!!

Thanks for following along with us on our journey!

• Like 1

Uncle Buck

My this is just over the top cool, smashing idea!

whfan74

What another exciting night of tractor club! Club meeting #3 was a huge success! The kids were ready to work and get dirty, and that they did. We had a few club members absent due to previous commitments. Those that were in attendance did not disappoint. Breaking down the tractor continued tonight and the hand sanding has commenced. I am very proud of the kids for their patience and persistence. They are understanding that this will be a long, but rewarding chore.

Hope you enjoy some of the photos from tonight!

post-919-0-76733100-1380150320_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-92874100-1380150342_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-21290900-1380150356_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-91959200-1380150395_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-53525200-1380150410_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-08116900-1380150437_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-95072000-1380150451_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

AMC RULES

WOW! They don't mess around.    :bow-blue: 

Those kids definitely work faster than I do. 

Made some great progress tonight.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

mid60's

A commitment and sight to behold. If the young people do not get involved in old Iron, this might be the last generation that did. 

Thanks and luck to you.

Larry Harrison Dexter

Warsaw Missouri

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-bravo: This is a project that gives me hope for the next generation, we need more teachers like you.     :text-thankyouyellow: 

:USA: 

• Like 4

whfan74

Thanks for the kind words you guys.  It is definitely a highlight of my week to work with these students.  They did a good job last night but are now getting a taste of how long this project is going to take.  We had a couple of piles of rust and red paint dust on the floor when we were done. 

The most important thing is that they have great attitudes and are looking forward to getting back to work on it next week.

I will continue to post the progress.  We are having a blast!

• Like 1

chevyaddict83

I was wondering if we could try to pool a few bucks together to get some shirts. Vistaprint does them ok and cheap. Id throw in 20$

whfan74

Well I am ordering some shirts for the kids with the logo that Terry provided.  The kids are paying for them on their own.  I was able to get a break on the pricing for the shirts since it is a school club, so that was a big help.  Making them available for members on here would be tough but not impossible.  I do it for my show that is coming up on October 5th and I am swamped with getting things prepared for that at this time.

I appreciate any and all of the support that we have received so far.  I wouldn't be able to pull this off without the generosity of so many great members!

Edited by whfan74
  • Like 1

whfan74

Sorry for the lack of updates.  Last week we had to cancel as I was under the weather, but really looking forward to meeting up with the kids tonight to get back on track with the project. 

I will try and post some photos and get you up to speed.  We are now in long process of sanding............I can say so far, it isn't their favorite thing to do.  :)

• Like 1

Kelly

Tell them, no one likes sanding, but it has to be done. 

Anglo Traction

Have been following this thread from the beginning in anticipation that you would get up and running.

Most impressed with your inspirational concept Scott. Great to see youngsters actually doing and learning something constructive, rather than developing the size and dexterity of their thumbs through texting. 

PM sent.

• Like 1

whfan74

Thank you again all for the kind words and the encouraging PM's. This is truly a labor of love and I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to do this project with the kids. I wouldn't be able to pull it off without your donations and continued words of encouragement.

So tonight we had about half of the members present as many of the others were in the championship bracket for the school intramural program. We still were able to get a good amount done. The temps were cool so I am on the hunt for an affordable and safe heating source. We completely focused on sanding tonight. As we were working we had a great conversation about how your attitude can be contagious....."what type of attitude will we have during sanding?" They are great kids and seem to like the challenge.

Here are a couple pics of kids hard at work sanding tonight......

post-919-0-57405100-1381964480_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-46636000-1381964496_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-08442700-1381964511_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-01584400-1381964526_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-79771400-1381964550_thumb.jpg

Edited by whfan74
  • Like 1

953 nut

:woohoo:   Always glad to see more updates, great project.  :text-bravo: 

:USA: 

• Like 1

55rj35jr

AWESOME !!! Let us know if we can help... :) 

• Like 1

speedyleedy

That's' some great photos Scott :)

• Like 1

roscoemi

Great project! Have you considered a pellet stove for heat?

• Like 1

whfan74

Well this project has been funded through some generous donations and from my wallet. Not sure if that is a possibility as it is in the school pole barn.