Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

Finally Got A Loader!

boovuc

It's an ARK Loader 9740FL01-05024 circa 1974 to 1979 in pretty nice shape for it's age. It needs some minor metal repairs but nothing else at this point. Hoses look good. Some minor seeping at the hose ends. Good and tight throughout. It was mounted on a 312-8 speed prior to my purchase about 25 miles from my home.

Cessna pump, mount and belt and all the frame and under carriage mounts as well. Bucket is in great shape!

This will first go on my 416-8 to test and see how the hydraulics work. If OK or after any needed repairs, it will get to painting and put it on the 520-H.

post-940-0-30403400-1376188549_thumb.jpg

post-940-0-42969600-1376188575_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

brandonozz

Good for you.  I bet you really enjoy the loader.  Really opens up the possiblinties of what you can use the tractor for.

Good thing the hoses are in good shape.  My loader sat outside for over 5 years unused before I got it and I had to replace all of them to the tune of about $175. 

AMC RULES

Lucky dog you.   :) 

Tankman

Great find! Greater for you!

How do you intend to use the loader? Numerous chores?

I don't "need" a loader but, at times sure would be nice! I can only "dream" of putting the snow away, dumping the mulch, haulin' some logs. Nice but, I'll just dream on for awhile.  :)

Old Rough 'n Tumble member, Kinzers, PA

gwest_ca

Service bulletins

Garry

MalMac

Congrats on your Ark purchase, I have the same identical one and it has become the most use tool/piece of equipment  I have. Beside using it for it's intended use I have found a million more other chores it is good for. Just remember to use it within it's limits and you will enjoy it for a long time, Over use it and you will be opening a can of trouble that will do nothing but cost you a fortune. Great find enjoy!

• Like 1

Digger 66

I cant wait to see the pics of it mounted , I'd love to have a modest little loader but don't think anyone makes one small enough for my Raider 10  :eusa-think:

brandonozz

Congrats on your Ark purchase, I have the same identical one and it has become the most use tool/piece of equipment  I have. Beside using it for it's intended use I have found a million more other chores it is good for. Just remember to use it within it's limits and you will enjoy it for a long time, Over use it and you will be opening a can of trouble that will do nothing but cost you a fortune. Great find enjoy!

And possibly your health/safety.  That fortune could be medical bills.

There are members that have posted here about turning their tractors over when lifting the bucket too high/ too much weight while on a slope.  Try to carry the load low and go straight up and down hills.

JamesBe1

Congrats on your find.  Post some pics when you get it installed.

boovuc

Thanks for the advice and the Service Bulletins. (Anyone have Service Bullitin 312)?

I can't tell you how many times I wish I had an FEL over the years.

Just weeks ago, we finished repairing a blowout on a stream just above the footbridge at my camp. This was really threatening the bridge and another tropical storm or freak rain event like we had in June would have destroyed it. As you can see below, there were a lot of potential 3rd back surgeries in this picture. Just holding items up, moving mulch and trimmings, etc. I will use it a lot. The man who sold it was really nice and cut me a break at 500 dollars for everything. He has hit hard times and I wish him the very best.

I will have a question posted on the "Implements and Attachments" section on this and maybe a few more so you members that are familiar with the ARK on C series and up, please chime in with your knowledge.

Thanks again!

post-940-0-79822000-1376250225_thumb.jpg

can whlvr

great price,

gwest_ca

Service bulletin 312

Garry

JamesBe1

You'll find that the bucket doesn't really tilt back enough to be useful in scooping things up.  It forces you to raise the bucket up enough that, with any weight in it, it throws off the center of gravity of the tractor.  At least that's been my experience with my Ark on a D-180.  Not sure of it would be any better on whatever tractor you plan to use.  Sure hope so.

Be careful on uneven ground with the bucket up.  High potential for rollover. 

When you get it hooked up, try it out.  I'd like to hear from somebody else on the high GC issue.

3609horse

You'll find that the bucket doesn't really tilt back enough to be useful in scooping things up.  It forces you to raise the bucket up enough that, with any weight in it, it throws off the center of gravity of the tractor.  At least that's been my experience with my Ark on a D-180.  Not sure of it would be any better on whatever tractor you plan to use.  Sure hope so.

When you get it hooked up, try it out.  I'd like to hear from somebody else on the high GC issue.

I agree, I recently got a D160 with a ark loader and your right, the bucket doesn't really tip back far enough to get a full scoop. Hope you enjoy the loader, it's still better 

than lifting by hand. 

Gene...

MalMac

Yes I have to agree with the not tilting back far enough. It can be a pain sometimes. Through time and using it I have grown use to it and have learned how to scoop with it and carry a load in the bucket. For safety's sake I just don't carry it real high just in order to have a heaping bucket load. I have learned to treat for just what it is. I have run big pay loaders and this was hard not to carry over on how I use those. Once I got use to it, it was great.