Sign in to follow this  
c161rat

Thank you Michael Biser

c161rat

Just wanted to share a recent experience with all of you. I was recently planning a trip to the Finger lakes on the bike for a couple days of relaxation and adult beverages. The morning I was supposed to leave on a 5 hour journey to New York, I took a look at the weather and found out that I would be spending my relaxing time looking out a hotel window watching it rain for days. I was taking this journey with my girlfriend and another couple. We were meeting for breakfast and then hitting the road. At breakfast I presented my months worth of planning our route from Cleveland Ohio to the Finger lakes as well as the best route around the lakes with many adult beverage stops along the way. My riding partners were very impressed with all my planning and were looking forward to all the fun and adventure that awaited us........Then i told them the bad news........We were going to Ride to New York to sit in a Hotel and watch it rain!!!!!!! Out comes the map!!!!!! While sitting finishing breakfast with much discussion about "should we chance it?" Where is it not raining?" Just head in one direction and stop when we get tired" My friend Eric said " I heard of a place southwest of here that someone told me about. I have never been there and don't know much about it. I think its over here somewhere (pointing at map). Then I say "Hey!!!! I know someone who lives there".....So I start to explain to my friends how I know this person and I have never really met him but talked to him many times on the Internet......Well that brought up a whole bunch of debate on strangers on the internet and such. I assured my friends that Mike is not going to cut us up and bury us in his backyard under his Tomato plants and to trust me!!!! So out comes the cell phone and a quick second later a friendly voice on the other end "Hey Joe whats up.....Long time no talk" Then I say " Hey Mike I am thinking bout heading your way" a lot more conversation and we had a plan. Not only did Mike offer to open up his home to me AND my guests as well. But he also offered to show us around his beautiful town. I politely declined the offer to stay at his place to which Mike found us an awesome Hotel right on the water. Mike was such a great host and did such a great job being a tour guide, we are planning another trip to Grand Lake in the early fall (complete with pontoon boat this time). I am so happy I stumbled on this great group of folks and just want to formally thank Mike for the awesome time we had as well as the horrible hangover we had the next day.....LOL  And as a bonus Scott (whfan74) was there the next day and I got to meet him too!!!!!!!

And on a side note this was one of the best trips I have been on and not a minute of planning went into it......

• Like 8

KC9KAS

My wife & I also enjoy motorcycle touring, but we do not drink & drive....we do one or the other, not both!

I hope you and your friends do not do this, as I see by your profile you ride a motorcycle brand that is often parked at bars.

squonk

If you ever come to the Finger Lakes I'm right smack dab in the center between Cayuga and Seneca lakes. Stop by and say hello

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Joe...you could not have picked a nicer place to go.  Any time you get to meet the people that you talk to on RS is a +...you knew that. :)  

KC...just because you are parked at a bar...does not mean you are drinking.  They usually have the best burgers, tunes, company...ohh...and guess what...iced tea and sodas...why would you stop at a fast food joint???  The atmosphere is right for riding and stopping at these places.  Guilty of some kind of profiling???..just saying. :eusa-think:   Stop in the next time you see a bunch of bikers at a "bar"...they are probably teachers, lawyers, doctors and even laymen that are helping to bring up your kids. :orcs-cheers:    My 2 cents.

• Like 3

c161rat

If you ever come to the Finger Lakes I'm right smack dab in the center between Cayuga and Seneca lakes. Stop by and say hello

I sure will Squonk.....still might try to pull the trip off this year....a lot of planning went into the trip not to try .......

c161rat

Joe...you could not have picked a nicer place to go.  Any time you get to meet the people that you talk to on RS is a +...you knew that. :)  

KC...just because you are parked at a bar...does not mean you are drinking.  They usually have the best burgers, tunes, company...ohh...and guess what...iced tea and sodas...why would you stop at a fast food joint???  The atmosphere is right for riding and stopping at these places.  Guilty of some kind of profiling???..just saying. :eusa-think:   Stop in the next time you see a bunch of bikers at a "bar"...they are probably teachers, lawyers, doctors and even laymen that are helping to bring up your kids. :orcs-cheers:    My 2 cents.

It was awesome meeting you and Jim last year Steve!!!!!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Uh....I have been on several "Poker Runs" with these people. I do know what I am talking about.

One was just parked at my neighbors house and I was talking to him....Just saying............Be Careful!

stevasaurus

You know what KC...Joe was just saying he had a nice time meeting a good member on RS...and basically you came in a ran his thread in the ground and out the window...not cool mate.  Just saying.  :eusa-think:

• Like 2

racinfool40

Joe was great to finally meet you and your girl and your Buddy also...Had a great time and was glad to show ya around...Glad the pics didn't make it here...lol...you are welcome at my place anytime and look forward to doing it again!!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:wwp:

racinfool40

I posted a couple pics in the Gallery...couldn't get them in this thread...not that smart here yet on posting Photo's....Myself..racinfool40...with the were is Lars (Knursen) sign...Scott(whfan74) and Joe(C-161rat) like I said was great to kick back and let a little steam off....lol

• Like 3