Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Which Wheel Horses use this typre of hydraulic ram?

Stigian

Howdo all, I was digging through my spares and found this hydraulic ram that came from a C-175..

From memory it looks like the same type that was fitted to a 518-H that I used to own..

So my question is, which model WH's were these rams fitted to?

P7280215_zps47dfad9e.jpg

If your wondering why I am asking? The said ram is going up on a well known action site and it would be handy to list what it will fit..

Cheers chaps.

ol550

Looks like a blade angle cylinder for a 6X6. :confusion-confused:

smoreau

Any of the # series tractors with a hydro

Jeff-C175

The clevis welded to the shaft means it is not loder than the 1981 model year.  That one has the piston threaded to the shaft.  If it has a c'clip snap ring it's before '83.  If it has a round wire retaining ring, it's 83 or later.

Earlier ones had the piston welded to the shaft and a threaded clevis.

Edited by Jeffpicks

Stigian

Thanks Guy's :handgestures-thumbup:

Martin

along the lines of what was mentioned above. the cylinder is later. the earlier ones had the inlet/outlet come out at an angle other than 90 degrees to the foot peg. this one the inlet/outlet is 90 degrees and therefore the lines run up under the side cover on the frame.  the cylinder is covered by the side panel whereas the older angled fittings, the cylinder is exposed.

this one fits cxx1 (c121 or similar) i think but definitely the blackhoods (c125- etc) and later on into your 3,4,500 series and later tractors..........

the earlier ones are cxx0 (c100-c160) and use the angled inlet/outlet fittings......

i think this is generally where the angled ones changed to the straight up fittings. somebody correct me if im wrong.....

• Like 1

Kelly

I think Martin has it, should interchange with any of the models he listed, basically 78 up hydros, may or may not be exact but should fit.