brandon701

Wheel Horse Elec Trak

brandon701

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about the wheel horse elec Trak tractors, like how hard are they to find, where to get parts etc.

Any info will help.

AMC RULES

Look through the picts uploaded here...looks like member octfst has one.

squonk

I see GE Elec traks pop once in a while. Mostly the same tractor for parts. Batteries are no problem. Not cheap though.

Wheel Horse Kid

I have seen one or two (pictures) and they look pretty cool but I think all the chargeing system and stuff can be a headache sometimes.

Geo

I've had them for several years and use them daily.  I think they are fabulous!  GE Elec-Traks were made from 1970-1974 and then the line was sold to Wheel Horse.  Wheel Horse cut down the model offering to three- A65, B145, and C185.  They also introduced their own electric in 1974, A60.  Later in 1981 they introduced the E81 and E141.  You can learn more about them from my web site at http://www.myelec-traks.com. All the manuals are there and you can get parts from a couple dealers also listed on my site.  Be glad to answer any questions you may have.

• Like 6

Wheel Horse Kid

I've had them for several years and use them daily.  I think they are fabulous!  GE Elec-Traks were made from 1970-1974 and then the line was sold to Wheel Horse.  Wheel Horse cut down the model offering to three- A65, B145, and C185.  They also introduced their own electric in 1974, A60.  Later in 1981 they introduced the E81 and E141.  You can learn more about them from my web site at http://www.myelec-traks.com. All the manuals are there and you can get parts from a couple dealers also listed on my site.  Be glad to answer any questions you may have.

WOW!!!! I just visited your website and it is awesome!!!! Very very nicely done website and you have an AMAZING collection of Elec-Trak Tractors!!!!  :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  Probably the best personal tractor website I have ever been on! :thumbs: :thumbs: You look like you are very passionate about them and really know all there is to know about them! If you don't mind me asking, how many tractors do you have in all? Looks like a bunch!!! Oh ya, I was so blown away by your website and collection that I forgot to say :WRS: ! We are glad to have you on board! Once again, great collection and website!

Geo

Thanks for all the kind words "Kid".  I have 32 different electrics now (that's all I collect).  My friends say I need an intervention!  I'm still looking for a couple of models but the barn is getting pretty full.

Edited by Geo
  • Like 3

squonk

Plug it in Plug it in! One of my old bosses had an Elec-Trak snowblower attachment. For some reason he wanted to keep it even though the tractor was long gone. We had to move that thing. Talk about heavy! :jaw:

• Like 1

Rollerman

I would say very hard to find that haven't been ate away with rust.

They are very popular with the Old Order Mennonites south west of the Goshen area & see them being used in that area.

Seems like there was a place in PA that specializes in parts, member Geo may know of the place?

I have a vintage Sears electric riding mower, having an all electric rider is neat.

Always wanted to have a Wheel Horse electric or even an Elec Trak....maybe someday.

• Like 1

Geo

Harold Zimmerman in PA is a great dealer of parts and is probably the smartest guy on these tractors I know of.  He has recently magnificently finished restoring a C185 top of the line electric and it is for sale right now.  You can see a picture of it HERE.  I love my Sears as well, great little tractor.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Wife just found an electric C-185 and is contacting the guy now.

Did a search for it and ended up here...Man GEO, you have a nice barn/collection of electric tractors!

Whe I saw the solar panels, I told my wife, "I bet he charges all those batteries with that"...Then I read the caption....You do charge the batteries with them!!

• Like 1

JackC

Elon Musk would be envious.  Geo was way ahead of him.

• Like 1

"D"- Man

I have an 18 Automatic that I am doing a resto-mod on and was wanting to add the armrests to the seat, I found a gentleman that has a bunch of Elec Trac GE machines and one Wheel Horse C-185 W/ the seat rests so I asked him if he would be willing to sell it.  He said he would but since it still has the rototiller attachment on it he would have to keep the rototiller and when he removes it he will sell it to me, however; he was asking an astronomical price of $50.00 for it, he may take less if I help remove the rototiller, Mark.

P.S. if I remember right he also had an electric riding mower that was orange, but I don't remember what make or model it was.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

There were electric's branded as Wheel Horse, GE, New Idea....The New Idea looked orange in a couple of photos I looked at.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

My brother in law had two of the New Idea versions and loved them.   Ran them in the ground pretty much !  People use to say you could clean your drive of snow with a snowplow or snowblower at 2:00 am in the morning during a snowfall and not even wake up the neighbors !

• Like 1

"D"- Man

I have an 18 Automatic that I am doing a resto-mod on and was wanting to add the armrests to the seat, I found a gentleman that has a bunch of Elec Trac GE machines and one Wheel Horse C-185 W/ the seat rests so I asked him if he would be willing to sell it.  He said he would but since it still has the rototiller attachment on it he would have to keep the rototiller and when he removes it he will sell it to me, however; he was asking an astronomical price of $50.00 for it, he may take less if I help remove the rototiller, Mark.

P.S. if I remember right he also had an electric riding mower that was orange, but I don't remember what make or model it was.

I finally took a picture of the electric lawn and garden tractor that I remembered was orange, but I didn't remember the make or model. It turns out to be a General Electric from the decal on the hood! Mark.

post-3038-0-82467900-1423442163_thumb.jp

GM_Man

I finally took a picture of the electric lawn and garden tractor that I remembered was orange, but I didn't remember the make or model. It turns out to be a General Electric from the decal on the hood! Mark.

That's probably a New Idea tractor with a GE hood.

ElecTrac.jpg