Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Saturday June 22, 2013

rmaynard

Karl,

It was one terrific surprise to see Sparky (who said he wasn't going to be there), then to have the guy next to him turn to face me and to see that it was you. I thought that I was hallucinating from the heat, but no, it was you.

post-2221-0-63063300-1371954930_thumb.jp

You are right when you say that RedSquare is a family. A bunch of us were talking later on saying that coming to the show each year is more like a family reunion than a tractor meet.

I really enjoyed meeting your daughters as well, and was there when Glen was giving them the "lesson" on marketing.

Glad too that you were able to visit our campsite as well.

This is not the official picture, but here is one taken by Jo Marian with my camera.

post-2221-0-11094600-1371954848_thumb.jp

• Like 9

nylyon

Bob, I love that picture of Mike and I.  For those who don't know Mike (Sparky) is the good looking guy  on the right, I'm the not so good looking guy on the left.  Bob took several pictures around his magnificent tractors (really look awesome in person Bob!) and I really appreciate putting this one out there, thank you.  The group picture was awesome, and I was amazed at the numbers of participants and photographers.  I am really thankful that my beautiful girls (front row and to the left) were able to attend, it meant so much to have them there with me!

Thank you again for the pictures Bob, it was a pleasure meeting you!

nylyon

There's a tractor parade where people jump on their machines for a chance to both show off and have Bill talk about their tractors.  Bill does such a nice job discussing the various models, he really is a wealth of knowledge.  This picture shows (poorly) the line of tractors.  None of the participants are rushed, it's a nice scene!

post-5-0-09791600-1371989064_thumb.jpg

The next 3 are my personal favorites.  The girls are mine and Glen asked if they would mind the store while he visited the show.  Little did he know, he could have taken the rest of the day off, they had it under control!

post-5-0-52220600-1371989059_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-67875600-1371989055_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-36149400-1371996103_thumb.png

• Like 2

neil

Well .. i have looked at nearly all the pictures of the show and there are some really fantastic pictures and some fantastic machinesthat i have seen and i am so disapointed that i didnt get to go to the show , but by far the best pictures that i have seen are the above 3 pictures  especially the last two .

To see the happy face of  your daughter Karl  in the last pic  brought a tear to my eye as it reminded me of some of the times i had with my own kids. and it is simple pics like this that really make it for me.

Amazing picture

I hope they made lots of bucks for Glen and they looked like they had so much fun playing shopkeeper.

pure magic

• Like 2

fireman

I was one of those who knew Karl was coming to the show. He contacted me because he knew I was on the fence about going and extended an offer to ride down with him for the day on Saturday. There was no way I would be able to go without my boys so I declined. But just knowing he was going and the buzz it would generated pushed me over the edge to load up my truck and trailer and also head down (turned out it was just for the day 600 miles round trip). As word spread that Karl, (the big cheese as some were heard saying) was at the show, everyone wanted to meet him. After all this IS the man who has kept the Red Square forum running, along with help from the other Admins and Mods.

To me he is more than just the guy who runs the forum because without it, I don't think Wheel Horse collecting would truly be is big as it is. Sure there are those who are not members and do collect. But with over 8000 members now registered here I really do think it has made the difference and helped with the explosion in the hobby.

So with that said I can tell you that all the members I spoke with that were in attendance were thrilled to have had the chance to meet Karl and Mike as well. I feel honored to have met him many times and actually live only about 15 minutes away from him. 

So Karl I tip my hat to you for the great job you've done all these years in keeping the Forum and our hobby going! I WILL be attending the show next year from Thursday to Saturday and am publicly offering you an open invitation to ride along with me if you want to.

Thanks Again!

Edited by fireman
  • Like 4

JC 1965

Sure wish i could have been there to meet you in person Karl. I appreciate all the work you put in keeping Red Square up and running. I want you to know that my prayers go out to you and your family for your complete recovery. From the pics it looks like your doing great.   :thumbs2:

nylyon

Jeff, I don't know what to say, and that's rare, so until I can think of something.... Thank You!

squonk

There's a tractor parade where people jump on their machines for a chance to both show off and have Bill talk about their tractors.  Bill does such a nice job discussing the various models, he really is a wealth of knowledge.  This picture shows (poorly) the line of tractors.  None of the participants are rushed, it's a nice scene!

attachicon.gif2013-06-22_12-47-02_38.jpg

The next 3 are my personal favorites.  The girls are mine and Glen asked if they would mind the store while he visited the show.  Little did he know, he could have taken the rest of the day off, they had it under control!

attachicon.gif2013-06-22_12-37-13_500.jpg

attachicon.gif2013-06-22_12-35-33_102.jpg

attachicon.gif2013-06-22_12-35-24_768.png

Your girls did a fantastic job. Plus all the work they did with the hats. Goes to show what good parenting will do! :)

stevebo

Well said Jeff!

nylyon

Neil - You were very missed, when I visited the camping area I thought about how great it was supposed to be with our families exchanging stories, while we exchanged experiences with the RedSquare gang.  Things happen, we're both aware of that, but there is always the next time.

I plan on a 4 day venture next year, complete with camping so I get more time with you all.  I also want to speak with some of the WHCC people about a thought that was given to me, which can almost only be executed by RedSquare.  I need to keep it under wraps, but I do plan to work on this for 2014.

• Like 1

stevebo

Just a few pics of the photographers....

Bob (maynard) in his famous position low shot photo.... and Stevasurus coming to get me... 

post-734-0-48830100-1372032015_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-93167500-1372032027_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-65002200-1372032044.jpg

post-734-0-45393000-1372032053_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-82905200-1372032077_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

rmaynard

And here is the result of that "famous low position" shot

post-2221-0-02066300-1372032516_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Sparky

Great pics from both you guys!!

Mike...........

rexman72

thanks for sharing the pics

Butch

And here is the result of that "famous low position" shot

attachicon.gifDSCN3449.JPG

One of these days they're gonna have to help Bob stand back up!

• Like 3

octfst

I would like to THANK the Redsquare members for the card in the picture. It meant a lot to me and Tammy. And we really miss being there but plan on being there next year. If every thing goes well this week we will be HOME Friday morning.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

You know, I wore that Bears jersey all day and I did not get tackled once.  I am going to have to talk to Jay Cutler before the season starts and let him know the secret. :)   I like those pics Steve.  Great pictures guys.

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

wallfish

It was a real nice surprise to see you, Mike and Jeff were able to make it. It does seem like a short time doing the Thu to Sun thing so trying to take it all in for only being there 1 day is very tough to do. Glad you were able to make it and look forward to seeing you there next year. Any chance you are going to make it to the Kent show in the fall again? 

squonk

You know, I wore that Bears jersey all day and I did not get tackled once.  I am going to have to talk to Jay Cutler before the season starts and let him know the secret. :)   I like those pics Steve.  Great pictures guys.

i would of tried, but I was waiting to snag an INT!

953 nut

So glad you were able to make the big show.   :text-coolphotos:    :text-thankyouyellow: 

:USA: 

nylyon

As long as it doesn't rain I will be at Kent, it's just TOO muddy there when it rains.