multihobbyguy

Does anyone have any experience with either of these seats?

multihobbyguy

I am switching my loader over to a 520 and need a new seat. I decided I want one with arm rests and was wondering if anyone has experience with either of these seats? They are both from Northern Tool. One says all weather and the other doesn't and the tractor will spend a lot of time outside. If you have one or the other or have any insight I would appreciate it. Thank you, Chris.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_458_458

allweatherseat.jpg

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200403215_200403215

seatwitharmrests.jpg

Ken B

I don't have either seat, but, the top one is kinda sexy lookin.

• Like 1

squonk

I have a seat very similar to the bottom one. I love it!

Lagersolut

So these after market seats ( I'll be in the market for one soon .... Toro dealer after market -$100 - Toro  seat - $300 ) you guys had no trouble finding a bolt pattern that worked ?

squonk

That seat I got bolted right on  210-H I had. When it came time to put it on my C-160, I added seat springs and it bolted right up again.

IMG_0001.jpg

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Both seats look nice, but if Ken B thinks the top one is "sexy", I would go that route!

AMC RULES

Definitely some strange ideas out there, of what constitutes a "sexy" seat.   :) 

CasualObserver

If it's going to spend time sleeping outside... I'd probably go with the second one.  Looks like you can close it up to protect it from weather.  I think that first one has too many pleats to be an all weather seat.

squonk

Definitely some strange ideas out there, of what constitutes a "sexy" seat.   :) 

What?? You don't know???

AMC RULES

Certainly isn't yours.   :scared-eek: 

Kegler

Surplus center. Although I haven't purchased a high back, I have been very happy with their other seats.

http://www.surpluscenter.com

WheelHorseNut
On 6/14/2013 at 4:33 PM, squonk said:

That seat I got bolted right on  210-H I had. When it came time to put it on my C-160, I added seat springs and it bolted right up again.

Mike,

Where'd you get those springs?  I know you said you added them -- did you buy them retail somewhere?

Thanks!

- Jeff

• Like 1

squonk
5 hours ago, WheelHorseNut said:

Mike,

Where'd you get those springs?  I know you said you added them -- did you buy them retail somewhere?

Thanks!

- Jeff

There's a mower scrapyard near me and I'll go  over once in a while and walk around and when I see them I snap off the bolts. they are universal. I usually have to pay like 5 bucks a set.

Horse46

The top one looks more like a vintage sports car seat, and would be my choice as my :wh: now lives under cover, the other one looks ok I guess, but surely the ribbed one is designed to drain the water away?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Nice looking seat here...

IMG_5630.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Nice looking seat here...

IMG_5630.jpg

That's too nice! I'd fall asleep at the wheel sitting on a seat like that! :lol:

WheelHorseNut

@squonk Gotcha.  I'll have to search around -- don't want to spend $50 for a new set.  I was at the dump yesterday and saw a Craftsman RER that probably had some... d'oh.  Probably should have checked!

@AMC RULES That's a cool seat -- looks like it needs a 5 point harness! :) 

slammer302

I had the second seat on a 312-8. It was plenty comfortable the arm rests seemed alittle weak but not too bad. If you are short and you are using a 8 speed Horse it may make it hard to reach the clutch pedal.