motox25

That deck looks new, let us know how the EZ glide holds up. I adjusted my valves today, I'd recommend buying the intake gaskets as well, the exhaust too if you plan on removing it, makes it easier I think. Might also be a good idea to clean the crankcase breather baffle while your in there as well.

608KEB

I guess I should've replaced the bearings on the deck. I wasn't so lucky with the bearings on another deck spindle. On the deck of my C-100. I replaced the sealed bearings. I took it to my Toro dealer. I don't have a press at home. He got the bearings changed. But one sealed bearing was pressed in upside down. he went to flip it around and the spindle housing cracked. I had 3 extras from a rusted out deck. I wonder if heating the deck spindle in the oven would help. I've heard of others doing that to remove bearings from transmissions. :eusa-think: I'll look into replacing the intake gaskets too. I ordered the gaskets from (Onanparts.com)

Edited by 608KEB

608KEB

I ordered the exhaust gaskets. Is there anything I should know ahead of time when removing the exhaust/muffler? I want to get all my parts ahead of time, so I can do everything at once.

motox25

The exhaust is held on by 6 bolts, 2 on each pipe and 2 down by the PTO. If the valves have never been adjusted like on mine you might want to have something on hand to remove the old gasket material. The ones on the exhaust and intake came off pretty cleanly but the ones on the valve covers took quite a bit of work.

608KEB

Would a putty knife work?

motox25

It could, I used a gasket scraper. The aluminum block scratches easily

608KEB

Hi all, I picked up the tin parts from the bodyshop man today! They turned out great he bead blasted the parts before painting. Cheesegrader, to get the dent out by the headlight, he took two rubber handle hammers. He put the rubber handle against the dent and pounded it out. I thought that was a great idea. I'll post better pictures tomorrow of the painted parts. I matched the paint from my 75 C-100. So the paint has more red in it than the original paint. Paint code, RS910 IB Spectramaster Red, Dupont Urethane Ful-Thane 2K

post-5623-0-20256100-1416957478_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-56517100-1416957527_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-76079800-1416957578_thumb.jp

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 5

608KEB

Got the tins on. I have a set of decals from redo your horse. They look great! I still have to adjust valves etc. I will post my progress.

post-5623-0-45918800-1417212559_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-71198400-1417212629_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-13542700-1417212677_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Geno

That is one shiny tractor.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

608KEB

I got a cab with the 520-H when I bought it. Is there anyway to bring the color back some? Also wondering if there was something that could be used to remove scuffs from the windows? I have been looking online at different products to restore vinyl. I just don't know what to try.

post-5623-0-70937500-1417541213_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-08001900-1417541250_thumb.jp

Edited by 608KEB

Zeek

Looks nice, good job  :handgestures-thumbupright:

KyBlue

You've done a great job, and the tin's look amazing!!

As to your windows ... try this video.. Since those Vinyl windows are the same as whats used in the jeeps and convertible tops...

• Like 3

MalMac

Mother's Back to Black works real good on the vinyl. Helps bring color back somewhat, but it really soften's it up so it does not become brittle. That's what I use on my cabs.

• Like 1

craigbic

You've done a great job, and the tin's look amazing!!

As to your windows ... try this video.. Since those Vinyl windows are the same as whats used in the jeeps and convertible tops...

Mother's Back to Black works real good on the vinyl. Helps bring color back somewhat, but it really soften's it up so it does not become brittle. That's what I use on my cabs.

I've been thinking my cab windows were kind of cloudy but wasn't sure what, if anything, I could do about it. Great tips! Thanks!

Edited by craigbic
  • Like 1

608KEB

I was looking for a few tips on how to repair some small holes that are in the snow cab that I have.

608KEB

The 520H won't idle unless choke is partially on. It's revving up and down. Suggestions? :*****:

Edited by 608KEB

Wishin4a416

Lookin great. Nice and shiny.

• Like 1

Martin

there are many posts on dirty Onan carbs on the forum, that's what it sounds like to me.

heres one......

• Like 1

608KEB

After reading through a few threads about onan/Nikki carburetors(Thanks for the input Martin). I checked the fuel pump. Then I poured some Sea Foam into the fuel line after I got the engine warmed up. And now it runs great! Idles right down too. I was wondering if anybody has tried spraying water into the carburetor to decarbon a engine. I have not done it myself. But I saw some video's on " you tube". Any thoughts on this?

post-5623-0-06172900-1418163193_thumb.jp

Edited by 608KEB

608KEB

I put the decals on this morning. hats off to Terry at Redo your Horse. They look great! I was wondering where the battery warning decal goes on the hood?

post-5623-0-66750300-1418568744_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-58553600-1418568796_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-51651400-1418568850_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-69952700-1418568903_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-64514300-1418568944_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-47703700-1418568993_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-31341900-1418569044_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Martin

battery decal goes inside the hood stand above the pto on the 400 series, I'm thinking the 500 would a similar position, even though the sheet metal is different. 

post-4321-0-13804400-1418570699_thumb.jp

nice job by the way...

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

Geno

You have to wear sunglasses to look at that thing.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 3

cheesegrader

That is Sooooo pretty!  Almost too nice to take out to work!

I'll try the hammer trick on the hood this spring.  I have the Cozy Cab and the two-stage blower on it this winter, so I have to live with it for now.

I don't think putting water into a hot cylinder is a good idea.  I would feel bad if it took care of the carbon, but cracked the block in the process.

I've seen it done without damage, but I plan to take mine apart and scrub it out the old fashioned way.

Your choke problem sounds like a dirty carb, but I would also replace all your old fuel lines, and check to see that you have a strong fuel pump.

I've been impressed by how ratty the interior of old fuel lines looked in my last few tractors.  That crap has to be breaking loose and getting into my carb.

I now have a spare carb, and it is very, very clean.  Next carb issue I have, the new carb goes on, tractor goes back to work, and i deal with the faulty carb when I have time.

• Like 1

doc724

Back in the old days when cars had carbs, we would routinely slowly pour water down the carb to decarbon.  Of course, all those engines were cast iron and in some cases the intake manifolds were CI as well.  It was hard to tell if it ever did any good.

• Like 1

squonk

Little late to the party but use the Napa/Wix 1410 Hydro filter. 3 times the filter for half the price. I cut open a Toro filter. once but didn't take pics, Here's the insides of the 1410

• Like 1