Sign in to follow this  
gt14rider

GT14 Throttle linkage question

gt14rider

Hi All

Have a GT14 and would like some pics of original throttle linkage and gov setup. P/O changed motor and thottle linkage. also oil dipstick tube is not right.   Any help would be much appreciated. Will post pics as soon as i get my son to help his dumba-- dad

P1140854_zpsf7a959bb.jpgP1140853_zpsb53033e3.jpgP1140855_zpsfa8579cc.jpgP1140858_zps360583a0.jpgP1140856_zpsc7102ae7.jpgP1140859_zps19a7104f.jpg

gt14rider

also can any tell me where i can get a steering wheel cap? 

sned

Interesting. Not sure if they differed depending on when made but my two GT14s have an electric pto and utilize a different mule drive. Pulley sits right below the pto rather than all the way up front. If it is not stock than a pic of stock throttle linkage might not help. why do you need a picture? What are the issues you are having? Is your throttle lowering itself while in use? Revving too high? If it is lowering the twist throttle lock might not be working. I had to tinker with mine so it would hold the throttle.

gt14rider

Yes the throttle lock works. My issues (to many to list) is throttle cable comes in from the left side. Cable makes two bens, Makes cable stiff. If it came in from the right only (one bend) moves smooth.Some pics of gt14 cable comes in from the right side.  Don't have a good pic of proper set up. Got it with pto set like that, runs great,strong, atf in trans.  Dipstick in front short 2" pics of other gt14s in back near battary,starter and is longer.

Pollack Pete

I think someone switched your tractor over to the attachamatic.All of my GT-14's have the old mounting system with the idler pulley.

KC9KAS

You have a very nice looking GT-14.

I will attempt to get some pictures of my 1969 GT-14 cable routing tomorrow.

gt14rider

Thanks KC9KAS,  It's a work in progress.  this is a great forum,