Sign in to follow this  
oldandred

Mack trucks

oldandred

hummmm ok PA guys look out i hear that mack is moving it plant of of Va, up to dublin PA Now i guess your all wnat all the trucks too?

KyBlue

Drove a Mack for a lil over two years. Never could get over starin at the chrome plated butt... Helluva Truck thou. Moved 100,000 lb Plus containers with it, 18-20 hrs a day(2 shifts) and it'd been rolled over once. Lil Rough around the edges but...She still liked to to work hard. Put that truck thru...well you can fill in the missing words!

Duff

First real "truck" I ever drove was a Mack fire engine when I was a volunteer - '52 with an ungodly big straight six, a 500 gpm pump and 750 gals of water on board. Square cut gears. I credit that with teaching me how to handle a clutch and tranny properly on anything I've ever driven since - oh, I was only 16 at the time. Back then in our small towns if you had a drivers license and could handle the rig, they'd let you drive 'em. Ah, the good old days!

Duff B)

TT

Y'all don't need to get me started on those old Bulldogs!

I have one on my arm:

ca236faf.jpg

One on the floor:

8c3dc083.jpg

And have been classified as "one A--hole staring at another" for the better part of the last 21 years of my life.

I learned to drive in a 1970 R-685ST with a 237 & a 5 speed and have even had the honor of being in the captain's chair of an E-9 V8 powered MH cabover. (Man, do those thing pull!)

5d888836.jpg

As far as Mack trucks moving out of VA goes.... I didn't even know they were there. B)

"Allentown, PA - the truck capital of the world" seems to be stuck in my head for some reason. B) (And Hayward, CA, and Hagerstown, MD B) )

Any of you fellers that want to see some cool MACK stuff, feel free to slide over to My Yahoo! group. (Knock on the door and I'll let you in - have to keep them spammers out, Ya know? :whistle: )

Nick

Bit off topic but makes me think of the 80s when an old friend pulled a Mack. He had it turned up for all she was worth and gave the big dollar guys a run at some of the pulls. B)

ALso have ya ever seen the semi drag races with loaded trailers? Looks like they are held in Canada and other countries. Some of them are a bit over stock, sure looks that way when they flex the frame till the front tire is a foot or so in the air. :whistle:

Another truck race but double trailers

Curmudgeon

Definitely wanna be upwind of those racers!!!!!!!!

oldandred

Bit off topic but makes me think of the 80s when an old friend pulled a Mack. He had it turned up for all she was worth and gave the big dollar guys a run at some of the pulls. B)

ALso have ya ever seen the semi drag races with loaded trailers? Looks like they are held in Canada and other countries. Some of them are a bit over stock, sure looks that way when they flex the frame till the front tire is a foot or so in the air. :whistle:

Another truck race but double trailers

Nick the frist two i wouldnt want to be standing any were near the two tractors like those people WOW if some went wrong ????

and the third one thoses guys were laughing at waht happened wonder what if they would if they had to foot the bill for getting it back up and going.

I have some tape of the pulles at rockvillemankan around here some were showing new concrete trucks, pumper trucks, and just about any thing with wheels on it pulling the concrete pumper truck was new and cost 455,000.00 and the guy with a new ford picup had the front end come up and back down and knoked the tie rods sway bars ball joints wonder if the dealer will warranty that mess.