Sign in to follow this  
tbbahner

SQI - MTD problem

tbbahner

Well, I had a weak moment and said I'd look at a MTD with a no start problem.

I can  jump battery directly to starter and it'll start.

Can also jump from the small post on solenoid to sol. post that goes to starter and it'll start.

It has a 6 post switch which I'm not familiar with. . I was hoping to wire around all the saftey switches an just go from the S post on the switch to the solenoid and get it going, but no go. Not sure if the switch is bad or not, but I get nothing when I hit the switch, not even a click.

Any ideas on how I can get this thing outa my shop under its own power. Below is a link to the Elec. diagrahm off parts tree if

it helps any.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=mtd&mn=134M605G118+%281994%29&dn=00821000012

Thanks for any suggestions.

KC9KAS

Well, the diagram shows at least 3 safety switches...You will need to by-pass all of these to start it, assuming the key starter switch is good.

You can use a multi-meter to check each safety switch individually to see if each switch is working properly.

tbbahner

Yep, but,  I'm trying to wire around the saftey switches. This thing sees very little maintenance so they will be a continuous source of problem. Figureing out whether safety switches are normally open or closed and how it relates to the vague wiring diagrahm drives me nuts.

Guess I'm looking for an easy way out.