kramersoundcheck

what is this "thingy"

kramersoundcheck
i bought some cultivators and a belly plow and this bar came w/ them does anyone have any idea what it is used for??  it does not seem to fit anyweres... it looks like it bolts to the sleev hitch and runns up to the front of the tractor but it does not clear the rearend.  any help would be great.

bowtieguy

Lift bar for front mounted WH snow thrower...or front mounted WH generator.

Edited by bowtieguy
  • Like 1

Tankman

Lift bar for front mounted WH snow blade....did you get the blade also?

I guess we meant to say, "WH snow blower." :smile:

kramersoundcheck

nope,  just the bar,  does any 1 need it?  or does any one have a snow blower lol?

KC9KAS

Hang onto it, as people often buy a snow blower and don't get the "flag" that you have, or offer it for sale in the classified section.

OOPS...Where are my manners.... :WRS:

dsholler

Clearly whoever you bought the plow from once had a snowblower.. maybe they still do and are willing to part with it?

kramersoundcheck

thanx everyone you are all very kind and helpfull,  i would like a 2 stage blower but idk if wheel horse makes one... i never liked snowblowers.. i guess i am a plow guy,  if any 1 wants it,  its free for the taking,  located in amsterdam new york.  i would rather help some 1 out who needs it then let it rot in my yard :flags-usa:

kramersoundcheck

Clearly whoever you bought the plow from once had a snowblower.. maybe they still do and are willing to part with it?

the "squirrel"  i bought the implements from buys and sells.. he dident even remember where he got them,  nor could he tell me what they fit.  he dosent even own a WH :sad:.

dsholler

THere are two stage WH snowblowers. ... although I gather you need a lot of oomph to run one...and they weigh a lot. There are other threads about which snowblowers are best for which tractors.

and why don't you like snowblowers? What could be more fun on a winter morning than this?

IthacaJeff

Hi Kramer sound Check:

I've got a blower without the lift bar and flag (your two pieces). I thought I try

and make one, but don't have the time or energy or skills.  I'm in Ithaca (about 3 hrs

from Amsterdam), so it is a bit too far away. Any chance you may be out in

these parts?

Jeff

Tankman

Those parts are UPS's able. :smile:

kramersoundcheck

Hi Kramer sound Check:

I've got a blower without the lift bar and flag (your two pieces). I thought I try

and make one, but don't have the time or energy or skills.  I'm in Ithaca (about 3 hrs

from Amsterdam), so it is a bit too far away. Any chance you may be out in

these parts?

Jeff

hi jeff,  i never go out that far... but if you make the trip you can have them.  its rather heavy,  idk how much the ups would be?

IthacaJeff

A quick check on the UPS website, shipped from Albany (sorry, did not have the Amsterdam zip code), of a 10 lb package

of 36" x 6" x 6" would be about $15. Not sure how accurate those dimensions and weight are.

If you are willing to package up the lift tube and flag I'm happy to send a check for what the shipping cost would be.

I'd certainly not want this to be a hassle, so if you find someone closer who can pick it up, go for it.

Thanks,

Jeff 

kramersoundcheck

A quick check on the UPS website, shipped from Albany (sorry, did not have the Amsterdam zip code), of a 10 lb package

of 36" x 6" x 6" would be about $15. Not sure how accurate those dimensions and weight are.

If you are willing to package up the lift tube and flag I'm happy to send a check for what the shipping cost would be.

I'd certainly not want this to be a hassle, so if you find someone closer who can pick it up, go for it.

Thanks,

Jeff u

ya its about 10 lbs,  but w/ the flag off its 47" long.  so it would have to be at least a 48" x 6 x 6.  i think you can have UPS come rite to my house and pick it up and diliver it to you... if you can have them pick it up that would be easyest,  if not if you find out how much it will be and send it to me i can drive it to my local ups store and have it sent out

• Like 2

kramersoundcheck

THere are two stage WH snowblowers. ... although I gather you need a lot of oomph to run one...and they weigh a lot. There are other threads about which snowblowers are best for which tractors.

and why don't you like snowblowers? What could be more fun on a winter morning than this?

just seems like theres less to break on a plow

dsholler

just seems like theres less to break on a plow

Oh for sure, but when the snow gets deep, see picture in my previous post :D  That was wicked fun!

IthacaJeff

Kramer:

I suggest you find someone around town, or buy a blower to go with. I picked up my blower (no flag)

cheap with the thought of trying it out in place of my plow. But I love plowing. My only use for the

blower would be to build up mounds of snow for the kids to play in. But, a neighbor just a couple of

days ago offered me his running Ariens snow blower for free. Just wants it out of the garage. So,

that's my blower. 

Someone will take the flag!

Jeff

Grabsumbuds8683

Is the lift bar still available? Just bought a blower that did not come with the lift bar.

Microndep

Hi all,

I dont mean to jack this post but I have the same issue kind of I own a 417-a it has a kohler 17 twin and runs well I found a snow blower on ebuy and snatched it up without even making sure it fit. I got based on a precursory look at the  drive belt location alone. So I clearly need help as well as someone who knows the wheel horse well. The machine is a 417-A the snow blower attachment is a st-325 from what I can see buy visually matching the pulleys and levers and type of shute.  So I got the thing to hook up to the front but the belt is not long enough and the lifting bar and lifting flag seup has me baffled. I can send images if anyone knws what I need It looks like it needs something like a bell crank to change the up down of the lift to a forward backward of the lift bar.... help?

Mike

gwest_ca

You should already have a bellcrank with 2 arms on it. The one you are looking at is mostly horizontal. There is another one there that is vertical for the snowthrower and rear lift cable for the tiller.

ST-325 is a 32" 1965 model. The side extensions will give you about 37" if you have them.

This model was before the front quick hitch so it was designed to have the top arms go down the side of the tractor frame rails and pivot on bushings and long bolt through the frame. Have no idea of the belt length required or if it will work. Tractor pto is designed for a 5/8" wide belt and this snowthrower uses a 1/2" wide belt I think. It may work.

Garry