Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Ahhh.....first mow of the year!!

Sparky

It felt great to be in shorts and a tee shirt mowing the grass finally. My C-165 has been quietly sleeping all winter in the shed waiting for today. She fired right up and ran great!

Love that fresh mowed grass smell as well :grin:  !

post-2-0-87631900-1368218506_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-72929300-1368218521_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-60466500-1368218534_thumb.jpg

Mike...............

• Like 2

squonk

Heck I've mowed 4 times all ready. Have to go at it every 4 days! :chores-mowlawn:

Edited by squonk

thehorse

Just cut for the 5th time. With the rain and being 8 days it was a mes! Highest setting to knock it down....wet.....I had no choice and will hit it again next nice day. Have to pull deck and scrape tomorrow.......almost getting sick of the smell of cut grass already.

AMC RULES

Mine too, is waiting for it's fourth cut as we speak.   :chores-mowlawn:

MalMac

4 times for me already but I would not call it grass more like weeds with some grass thrown in here and there. If were not for weeds we would not have any green.

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I JUST CUT MINE FOR THE SECOND TIME WITH MY C-81.

Wishin4a416

5 times also. The warm nites and rain have made it real thick.

Thats a nice lookin 165. Lots of power I bet.

stevasaurus

I've mowed 3 times already...3 to 4" each time...I wish it was white stuff already. :)

Marv

Shame on you using the S word already! Let us have a little warm first.

papaglide

Snow?.........yikes man! I like snow.........a lot but I gots to have my summer first! Mowed 4 times allready ....wishing I had a 48" deck instead of my 42".... It would have to cut my seat time by at least 30 minutes.

608KEB

Mowed twice this year. B-100 died about 2 hours ago... fuel issues. No problem though, C-100 to the rescue. I literally just finished going through the mower deck. It worked great! Luke had to take a spin around the yard before I put the deck on. Under close supervison and in 3 low.

post-5623-0-02297100-1368235678_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-85116800-1368235814_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tankman

Mowed maybe a dozen times to date. Why?

Three Grandsons demand seat time! Needless to say, best groomed acre on the road!

Sundays are usually "wagon rides" over hill 'n dale.

WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction) is gettin' the kids, dangerous! :smile:

Kevbo

Three Grandsons demand seat time! Needless to say, best groomed acre on the road!

Me too Tankman! I live pretty close to you and PA has had actively growing grass since about the 2nd week of April. Especially when you add that fertilizer stuff haha! I love mowing, especially on my new Wheel Horses!

Sparky! Nice C-165! That is a model on my wishlist for sure (a blackhood with a big block Kohler :bow-blue: )

leeave96

I've been mowing a few times already this year.  Hey - not nit pickin', but IMHO, that grass could have been mowed a week ago and again likely today.  How do you expect to run-up the seat time doing that???  ;)

varosd

downpour missed us,yesterday afternoon, but still more were on the radar heading our way. ran home from work and just finished up with the 520-H/48" when it started to pour! 

glad I didn't use the B-80 with the 36" deck!

still haven't pulled out the gang reels yet

Sparky

I've been mowing a few times already this year.  Hey - not nit pickin', but IMHO, that grass could have been mowed a week ago and again likely today.  How do you expect to run-up the seat time doing that???  ;)

I wondered when one of you guys would pick up on that! It was ready for a mow last Sunday, but I was itchin to get my boat out and do some fishing....the fishing beat out the mowing chore :eusa-whistle:  .

Mike.............

Stigian

Just did my 5th cut of the year the other day, the speed the lawn is growing cut No 6 is not far off!!

Tonyp

Charlotte North Carolina, have cut  probably 6 times already !  5 with the Yahoo 36" walk behind and once.".Yeh ! "   with the 1987/ 310-8 which I  tore apart, cleaned, lubed , power washed, put back together etc...I am having big time fuel issues with the Yahoo..I think the ethanol took out the carb....

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh: looks good Mike. You have a good looken worker there. And Yes to shorts and sun.Did u catch any fish last week??? I just took the cover of mine yesterday..... putting on the electronics on today. Gary    B.....

rexman72

hmmmm my grass is almost ready to mow

can whlvr

2nd time yesterday,snowing today :banghead:  :banghead:

oldredrider

Just finished cutting for the 6th time, but 1st time with the Horse.

All the Horses had plows, blowers and generators on them, so had to go MTD.

Used the C-141 with a rear discharge deck. The wife (who loves her Craftsman) said it looks much better.

If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!

Happy Mothers Day!

roscoemi

No mowin, still snowin. :eusa-think:

Wheel-N-It

Fourth cut this weekend. Should have cut about six times by now but other stuff is taking up my mowing time.

Tankman

Me too Tankman! I live pretty close to you and PA has had actively growing grass since about the 2nd week of April. Especially when you add that fertilizer stuff haha! I love mowing, especially on my new Wheel Horses!

Sparky! Nice C-165! That is a model on my wishlist for sure (a blackhood with a big block Kohler :bow-blue: )

Haven't fed the turf yet. Just lazy I guess.

Really need a pH adjust, should have limed last fall but, never got around to it.

Looks like Dandelion Country here. I guess I better get a move on; pH adjust, weed 'n feed, maybe sharpen some blades. :smile: