RMCIII

500XI Attachments

RMCIII

RS members:

Looking for any references on the attachments for the 500XI series Toro Wheel Horse Garden Tractor. I know websites(dealers) have the model and references to the tractor and attachments that were made for the series . I am looking for a website that list the availibility (NOS) of the attachments listed below:

• Rear Weight Bracket
  • Front Loader
  • 50" Grader

Thanks RS members:

RC

post-10322-0-77125500-1368146216.jpg

• Like 1

Challenger

I don't know of such a website.  When you find one please let us know.  I'm heavy into the 5xi models.

Forest Road

Welcome to RS. I'd suggest calling Toro dealers especially in farming communities. Or possibly kwik way they still make loaders for simplicity. It's the same unit just a different subframe. I have a 522xi with a factory loader. I wouldn't want to remove it for grading or mowing. Taking the loader off is just a few minutes. To actually remove the subframe and hydro pump is a bit more involved, probably 1 - 2 hours. I have a 314h with all the attatchments which is especially nice when working on our road and regrading it every spring. Attatchments are fairly easy to come by for th older tractors.

Best of luck

Kevin

shallowwatersailor

:WRS:  You have what I consider the best Wheel Horse model :) but short on availability of attachments . In addition to looking for Toro attachments, expand your search to the 1998-2006 New Holland GT-Series as they are the same tractors. I have a New Holland blade that I found used for my 518xi.

As far as attachments go, in place of the weight box, a number of us have bought a 2" receiver hitch from "smoreau." My tractor and hitch were the prototype 5xi for Scott. It has been fantastic with many uses since installing it. I plan on getting a weight bracket fabricated to fit suitcase-weights for next winter. Just recently I found a bracket for the 2" receiver on the web from "HiddenHitch" that looks like it would be perfect. The dozer blade seems to be an +/-  attachment based on comments from the forum. Kevin "Forest Road" is the only 5xi member that I know that has the FEL. I came close a two months ago to purchasing a mid-90s "Orange" B7100 HSD with FEL for around 4K. A neighbor of the seller got to him before I did. That particular tractor model is about the same size as a 5xi plus has 4WD. You might do like I have done and have a small herd!

Cheers!

John

• Like 1

doc724

On the topic of rear weight brackets, I bought one that was made to fit an JD214 from Absolute Metal Works in MI.  I had to drill two additional holes in the mounting brackets to mount the assembly which holds the suitcase weights and add 4 holes to the assembly.  Other than that, it was a piece of cake.  Cost for the JD assembly from AMW was $130 on ebay.  If you go this route, I have the sketches on how to modify the "std JD model" fro fit 5xi.

As far as other attachments, go, you have to scour craigs list etc.  FEL are hard to come by.  I think Challenger had the last new one and Kwik Way is not making any more.  New Haven Power in VT did have a few attachments a couple of years ago, but I think they are all gone

• Like 1

wh5208speed

I bought out a Toro dealer's inventory and manuals in 2003. Here is the listed attachments that were available for 5Xi line:

Front Rotary Sweeper

Snow Cab

Sun Shade

42" single stage snow blower

44" 2-stage snow thrower

tractor cover

front mount dethatcher

tow dethatcher

Power Sprayers-made by Dobbins - 6 models ranging from 8-30 gallon

ROPS

Carts - 10, 14, 17 CuFt

36" drop spreader

Lawn Roller

Broadcast Spreader

36" Aerator

Loader

Loader weight box

36" lawn sweeper

Mower decks- 42" RD, 44", 48", 52", 60"

Tire Chains

Dual Wheel Adapter

Wheel Weights-front and rear

clevis hitch

48" dozer blade

sidelight kit

arm rests

hubcaps

tiller

Vac Bagger

grader blade

I also have the model #'s, dealer cost, and suggested retail prices if you want anything in particular.

Thad (Ohio)

wh500special

Toro might still have some attachments in their inventory. Your local dealer should be able to look up any availability for you. About 4 years ago I was looking for a bigger deck for my 5xi and toro still had some 60-inches at that time. Later, my dealer told me they had discounted the decks to move them. I think the toro dealer in cissna park, il (double y sales) might have bought them out at that time...perhaps non-deck stuff went their way too??? It's possible everything is now gone, but you should start by having your dealer do a check for you on their obsolete equipment.

RMCIII

Gentlemen:

ALL, very helpful!!! WH5208Speed, do you have any of the attachments listed? DOC, yes, if you would send me the sketches please. Does anyone know if an older WH model, that has a FEL, would work with the 5xi? I saw one on CL a while back, I think it was a 161<?> model. The asking price was $3k, and it was only the tractor and FEL. At the time I was not interested in WH, I was looking to stay Green. But it did catch my attention.

• Like 1

RMCIII

1 more item. How difficult, maybe impossible, to put a power steering dampner, on the tractor? I know some of the 20's and all of the 22's received PS. I have seen the dampner on ebay. Was curious if it could be mounted on mine. The weight on the front of the tractor, without the blower, is HEAVY/ I drove it just a small distance with the blower on it before removing it. < Adding 200 plus more ponuds off the front I's sure will make the turning even more interesting this winter.

shallowwatersailor

To be honest, it may be easier to find a used 520Lxi, 522xi, 523Dxi or NH GT-22 with power steering. Check the parts involved on either Toro's site or Partstree's site. New they are expensive as from the steering wheel down to the steering arm the parts involved are different. There is more to it than just adding the hydraulic assist cylinder. Possible solutions maybe a larger steering wheel (the 522xi has a 1" larger diameter wheel for example) that would give you more torque with the manual steering, or a donor tractor for parts.

It could be done though!

Forest Road

I have power steering on my 522xi w loader. I wouldn't want a loader with manual steering. It's cost prohibitive too modify your tractor for PS. The loader from an older tractor would work. You'd have to build a new subframe and hydro pump mount.

I wouldn't get to hung up on having new attachments. Be happy if you find any attachments for an Xi. They're tough to come by.

doc724

RMCIII

For the life of me I cannot find the sketches.  I will continue to look.  I will send you a PM with pix of the assembly on my 520xi