Sign in to follow this  
nhwheelhorse

ever notcie ebay has no feed back?

nhwheelhorse

well i am trying to sell some stuff as you guys now on there since i got laid off of work and have multiple bills coming in like the other people do. well they pulled my stuff again saying it was not in complience.first it was for contact info and shipping well hello 150 pounds of stuff not 45 like every other auction and then for the fcc rules and regs.well last i checked all the things for the fcc needs a tag right like the one on the boxes and the paper work in the box.well sent that and still not in complience.well then no cbs should be aloud on there and should be pulled.told them to shove it and went to the consumer reports and bbb about them to file a complaint.you ever notice every thing that is said is bad about them lately

B)B)B):whistle: sorry for the rant

jeremy

BairleaFarm

ebay has gone to ****. I use it only as a last result.

Nick

Ive sold a lot on ebay and should be selling more but all the problems they are causing now makes me think twice. B) Im not sure understand why they are trying to cause sellers so many problems when we pay the bills. Like to see what would happen if they changed to a buyers fee, something like a 6% buyers pemium. :whistle:

Jim_M

Like to see what would happen if they changed to a buyers fee, something like a 6% buyers pemium. B)

Don't give them any ideas. I figure that's the next thing they'll do. They won't drop the seller fees though, they'll just double their profit.

nhwheelhorse

all the auctions i have been to have a 2-5% premium forthe buyer so how the f do the get off doing the fruad work thy do?i hope the new ceo chokes on his well never mind

BairleaFarm

Yeap you can add premiums on Live auction.

CasualObserver

all the auctions i have been to have a 2-5% premium forthe buyer so how the f do the get off doing the fruad work thy do?i hope the new ceo chokes on his well never mind

You go to some bad auctions then.... I've never paid a buyer's premium.

nhwheelhorse

well most around here do not get a sellers fee that is that high i think it is 1.5 % if any off the total of profits then some auctioneers do not even charge any thing but a buyers premium that is why they do not do that many. i know of the goverment auctions and house ones they do not take a sellers fee. B)

rustyoldjunk

i sell alot on ebay or have but i am also at the point i dont want to p*ss with them anymore.they seem to just make things worse with each new change for the sellers and they surely get plenty of fees out of the sellers but im sure it will go up again next year,then if you take paypal they get their cut and be sure to price shipping right,so you do take it on that too,and while im b**ching,the new feedback system blows too.ok before i get all worked up again i'll get off the soapbox.....

Nick

Few live auctions in this area have a buyers premium and most of those that do normally are charging 3 or 4% fee just to cover credit card costs and will waive that for cash/check sales. There are online auctions that do have buyer fees from 3% to 10% depending on the auction.

Im not sure why ebay got into controlling shipping costs. B)

Curmudgeon

I've never sold on ebay, but what is the typical charge?

If you have an auction, you know, the real, live, in person, things with an auctioneer you can't understand, there is a pretty hefty sellers fee. How do they compare?

A real estate agent will nail you 7%, and the bank might nail you another 5 in points. That's a total of 12% in fees, shared by seller and buyer.

I'm just curious how ebay stacks up to everyone else in the business of selling for someone else. Are they REALLY that far out of line?

Like I said, I don't know, just curious about this.