Sign in to follow this  
John Voss

Rear Grader Blade Heavy to lift

John Voss

I got a Brinly rear grader blade with another tractor last week and added it to my 12-8. It fits great and should work good too, but the only issue is its so darn heavy to lift with the manual lift? Im thinking about adding a spring to help pull it up, has anyone done this? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

KC9KAS

I'm afraid if you put a spring assist to help raise it, it will not have enough down pressure.

Sparky

Is the lift cable in the upper hole on the rock-shaft? If not move it up and I bet it takes some of the strain out of lifting the rear grader. Doing this with snowblower attachments makes them easier to lift manually.

Mike..........

• Like 1

prondzy

What about adding a secondary lift handle on the grader blade? Yes you will have to come to a stopgap but using both levers will make it easier

bitten

Im with Sparky on this one. Make sure that you are using the correct holes on the mid rock shaft and the rear lift.

John Voss

Thank you for all the suggestions, I did find that my lift cable was connected to the wrong hole on the rock shaft. I raised it to the top and adjusted the slack out of it at the hitch and now it works much better. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

953 nut

The cable on these lifts will not hold up to too much use with a blade that is so heavy. If you will be going over rough areas or long drives strap a two wheel dolly to it, let it down and drive off. I learned this the hard way.

:USA: 

B-8074

You may want to add the rock shaft to the rear that goes between the gas tank.