Sign in to follow this  
rondo

A head like that oughta ache

rondo

So I decide to clean-up and paint an old snow blade (from a Wards tractor circa 1985) I've had sittin out back for years. Did a little wire brushing, etc. and set out to paint 'er up a bit. Set the blade on the floor up against an old paint sheet (we actually have some 4 X 8 plywood in the barn, just for this kinda stuff), and suspended the front channel frame on a chain from one of the barn beams. Painted up the frame and was workin on the blade which was (you mighta guessed this already) directly below the suspended frame. Stood up to realign myself with the blade and walked right into the frame - darned heavy piece of steel it is at that. :imstupid: Dropped me to my knees, folks.

While the wife was cleaning up the gash in my head (the one right in the middle of the goose egg) she asked if maybe this new forum I hang out at has an Idiot Award, and if so I should apply...real funny. : B)

By the way, the title of the post comes from a fella I used to wok with. Any time you'd complain that you had a headache he reply: A head like that oughta ache.

He was pretty right.

Later.

Sparky

So can we get a pic of it........the gash, not the plow B) ?

Hope it feels better in the morning.

Mike.............

linen beige

Furrowed brow by chance? Get it, furrow, plow? B)

Hope ya heal up soon.

KyBlue

Hey Dont Feel bad, Ive done sorta the same thing. Every time I mow the front Yard, Up close to my 75 (the orange truck) Ill be watching where Im cutting and Not the big friggin mirror sticking out. Usually I whack my head not once..BUT once from the front...and once from the back going the other way.. DOH!!

Hope your head is better tmw, them goose eggs hurt like .... B)

T-Mo

I know the feeling. I have a low door way into my shed and I say about 10 times now I have forgot to duck. B)

kpinnc

Don't feel bad. I got 4 staples in my head 3 years ago, thanks to a WH.

Actually, I can't blame the tractor. Some idiot left the pivot pin out of the front axle.... B)

You can't stand the tractor on end when you do that...

Kevin