Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Latest on me

neil

Great news that you are beginning to get some hearing back Karl & i pray that everything else returns to normal function

I am also delighted to see that you are back on Redsquare

Please could you thank Megan for keeping us updated , , she is a credit to you Karl

Take it easy Bruv

Enjoy the rest  & get well soon

By the way Karl, the next time you consider doing some work on your truck , try one of these http://www.saubermfg.com/pdf/marketing/html/All-Weather_Wheel_Chocks.pdf        only Heads dont quite do the same job . Oh and tell your Plastic surgeon that you dont want to look too much like Joan rivers when he`s finished   ( Only Teasing Karl ).

seriously Karl Its great to still have you with us  it could have been a totally different story .

regards

Neil

stevasaurus

That is great news Karl...every thing Neil said for sure.  Prayers still with you...sounds like they are being answered...the strength of Red Square is awesome. :)

WH854

Keep up the good news  Karl we need you on here.

Chas

groundhog47

Karl, you beat ole man reaper at his game; he's tufferin nails. Keep kickin' his butt; ya got em on the run. Keep up the recovery!!!

• Like 1

KATO

:woohoo:  :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

posifour11

Hope your health keeps progressing. Take it easy for a while. We're pulling for you.

I almost took a shortcut with my chop saw yesterday, but thought of all the warnings here recently. I used the clamp to hold it instead of my hand.

Amanda

Thats a really good update Karl! We are all rooting for the best!!

wheeledhorseman

Great to have you back in person on RS and as Neil said, Megan did a great job to keep us informed. Just go on amazing the doctors and hopefully you'll be back working on things sooner than their estimates.

Don't kick yourself too hard about what you didn't do as we're all guilty of that. I realise now that on the occasion I removed a half shaft from my jeep with the brake on, what happened could have been far far worse! I went indoors for a coffee and returned to find it had rolled back down our drive and ito my wife's car. Just didn't occur to me that a transmission brake would do that though I should of course have known.

Prayers for a full recovery mate.

Andy

SousaKerry

I say we get a couple of members together and make some wheel horse branded wheel chocks to sell at the shows, and donate the money to a good cause like Back Yard Mechanics Anonymous or at least Karl's medical bills....

All kidding aside keep up the healing.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

You're making great progress Karl...our :wh: prayers are with you.    :pray:

Sparky

Good to see you are up to makin a post or two pal!

Your daughter has done a great job of informing the group on your progress with very well written posts :eusa-clap:  .

Mike...........

varosd

" Hey Sergeant Major, How was hunting?"

"Not too bad, got 3 squirrel and a rabbit"

But Sergeant Major...where is your gun?"

"Well, Let me tell you my secret. I don't use a gun...I creep up real slow and quiet like and when the critter turns and looks at me, I just ugly face them to death."

"Sergeant Major, that's amazing!!"

"Yeah, I used to bring my wife along but she tore up the meat too much when she tried it"

an old joke that I heard back in the 80's at Ft Bragg, hope it brightens your day!

• Like 1

JimD

You have my continued best wishes for a complete recovery Karl. :)

KC9KAS

Glad you are back talking to us.

Keep working on the Road to Recovery and we will be thinking of you.

nylyon

Surgery is scheduled for early Monday morning.  Hopefully I'll look more normal and be able to eat properly after the surgery.  One thing I can say at this point, I am not going to be making it to the show again this year.  I had originally thought that nothing could keep me away (especially knowing what I know about who is going) but it just isn't going to happen, so once again I will live through pictures :)

Terry M

Nice to see your on a good road to recovery! :)

posifour11

See if they can do an Elvis or John Wayne. ;)

Vinylguy

Karl 

Not a day goes by that I don't think about you, your family and your current situation. 

It reminds me that life is a precious gift and one should enjoy every day of it.

It got me to thinking about  my wife and kids and how much I love them.

It also got me to thinking about how I keep telling myself that next year I am going to go to the Big Show and meet many of my RedSquare friends.

If I not this year then when? So Lola and I are going this year. Too many things can happen and next year is not guaranteed to any of us.

Crossing one off my bucket list this June. I was so looking forward to meeting you in person this year but I totally understand. 

We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Terry & Lola 

• Like 5

tunahead72

Hope all goes well Monday, Karl, we're all pullin' for you! :handgestures-thumbup:

Kelly

Karl, I'm so glad to hear you are doing ok, this could have been much worse, I know look who I'm talking to, your a very lucky man, someone must be watching over you, take your time and do everything the Dr. says, I hope you have the best of luck with your recovery,  I think highly of you, for all you have done here for us, if there is anything we (I) can do for you, please feel free to ask.  

• Like 1

can whlvr

good luck and speedy recovery,thanks for the updates

Stigian

Good to know your on the mend Karl, hope all goes well for you at the hosp tomorrow..

Lars

Good luck Karl.. and ditto to everything above......

nylyon

Thanks.  I really hope that the surgery tomorrow fixes my vision problem.  I am not enjoying having to wear an eye patch just to see a single image.  I go in at 8:00am and hopefully be home by 5.  

For today, Brittany will be getting the 416 out of the shed, airing up the tires (it sorely needs new rears) and giving the yard a quick mow.  The 414 is still in its winter attire, and I am seriously thinking that the C-160 will become a worker and will be outfitted with the 42" SD, since I never did finish the 36"RD deck :( 

It's frustrating knowing that I CAN do things, but I'm not allowed!  Can't drive, can't repair the damage to the truck (left running board needs to be fixed).  ARGH!!!