Sign in to follow this  
69horse

napa filter #1307

69horse

I have a wh electro 12 with a sundstrand rear end . changed transmission fluid is a napa gold filter # 1307 the right one THANKS. RB

squonk

Actually I think you need a 1410. That fits the Sunstrands and the Eatons

Martin

or you could use a toro filter......

79-5270

if you have a toro dealer nearby they are basically the same price. i read somewhere once that they actually have a smaller micron (10) filter media compared to the aftermarket filters. im not sure what napa filters are though.......

there has been much argument and discussion on this forum about the aftermarket vs toro hydro filter subject, for me i use the oem filter, be it for wheel horse, jd or ih tractors i have.

however, i do use napa filters for almost all engines i have that use filters, as the napa gold (wix) filter is actually better than the oem for those vehicles......

i didnt want to start another napa/aftermarket vs toro filter debate here, just wanted to inform the op that there is an economical oem choice...... :thumbs: 

Edited by Martin

squonk

The 1410 is about 6 bucks cheaper than my Toro dealer. Just for the heck of it, I cut open the last Toro filter I removed. They have good filter material but a crappy tin spring. I'm going to cut open the 1410 when I change it and compare.

• Like 1

69horse

That's what NAPA sold to me. will it work in hydro ?? THANKS  RB

squonk

1410 is all I use. 1307 is an engine oil filter with a by pass. 1410 is a hydraulic/ fluid power filter. Take it back and get a 1410

Edited by squonk

SousaKerry

There are fundamental internal differences between an engine oil filter and a hyd. Filter. Use the correct hyd. Filter and you won't have expensive problems down the road.

69horse

THANKS .RB

rick

I don't have a Toro dealer locally, any more....I use NAPA (have a business account) or Jack's Small Engines (Toro OEM) parts.

wh79d160

If  you use engine oil in your hydro, like my D's, then use the 1307 as it is for motor oil. If you use atf or hydo oil(which I don't think any WH's do), use the 1410 as it is a hydraulic filter. I believe the 1410 does have a micron rating but the 1307 doesn't(as I don't think oil filters are rated that way)  I also believe the 1307 does have a by-pass, as squonk said. I used to have a NAPA store years ago & researched this in the past. I have always used 1307's on my D's w/10w30 oil & have never had any issues.

'

wh79d160

How in the world did I get a line thru my post???