Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Bad News and Good News

Sparky

Hello all Redsquare guys and gals.

The good news first....Karl is still with us and has contacted the Admin/Mod team.

The bad.....he will be on the mend for a long time after an accident at his home Monday.

He gave us the "ok" to let you guys know what happened and the best way will be to quote what he told us.

I cant type too long and please no phone calls  I was admitted in critical condition Monday morning and into intensive care until Tuesday evening

My current condition.  I have several facial bones broken and will require surgery. I have lost (hopefully temporary) complete hearing on my left ear, and my left eye, wile is working, is not tracking with the right eye.  I have also lost much of the muscle movement on the left side of my face as though I had a stroke.

My truck weighs 8,300 empty with a 300lb cap on the back.  The right rear tire rolled directly over my head.  Every single doctor, nurse and the entiry hospital staff has NEVER seen anyone who didn't either die or have permanent neurological damage.  I alive and go for my 6th and final ct scan on Monday.  The last scan showed the the blood and air has greatly diminished and I will not require brain surgery.

I am actually home at the moment and aside from the issues above I am so freaking lucky to be typing this to you.  Tomorrow is my Sons birthday and I am so thankful that I will be here for him.

According to the doctors, my recovery will be based on months, not days BUT they also thought that I would be in the hospital for 3 days.  I am on complete bed rest and am restricted from lifting anything more than 1/2 gallon of milk.  It's killing me as I am not a seditaty kind of guy.

I will not check here very often as it's difficult to see the computer screen.  I will however update you all when I know more, but please now I am alive, and for the most part okay and I am a very very lucky man.  I will tell you with 100% honesty, I thought I was going to die on Monday!  Love you guys!

-- Karl

Karl is not some guy on a forum I have never met face to face, we have met, at my house and at his house. We even went on a tractor rustlin mission together.

We are friends, no doubt about it. 

So keep up your spirits and do what the doc's tell you Karl.

If you need something you know you can call me.

Mike................

• Like 2

AMC RULES

God be with you Karl, follow the Dr's orders, get well soon. 

illinilefttackle

Thanks for the info sparky- Karl- God had you in his hands Monday-I'm sure he will continue to watch over you-Good Luck-Al & the boys

jimt1971

Mike please let Karl know we are all rooting him on to a full and speedy recovery.

squonk

Karl's expertise will be sorely missed. We all here owe him a great deal. Here's hopes for a smooth and speedy recovery

buckrancher

Hope you feel better soon karl you will be missed

brian

JimD

God speed Karl, prayer sent for your complete recovery.

Edited by JimD

decksetter

Praying for you Karl.  I can't imagine how scary that must have been, I'm praying for your FULL recovery!

WH854

The Old Man Upstairs will be watching out for you bless you and keep you :thumbs:

Chas

312Hydro

I'm at a loss for words other than I wish you the best and hope your recovery is speedy and full. Get well and take care ,Karl. Hopefully I'll get the pleasure of thanking you in person sometime for the great forum you have.

Anglo Traction

It goes without having to say it, but I'm sure all of us over here in Europe wish you the speediest and complete recovery. Our thoughts are with you and your family. 

Regards.

rmaynard

I've got to say that I am shocked that he is still with us. I guess Wheel Horse guys are just tough.

Best wishes to Karl and his family.

Rooster

Prayers for you buddy. That little boy got the best birthday present ever! Take care of yourself, we are all in your corner!

fireman

Karl,

All I can say is OMG! I hope you start to heal soon. If you need ANYTHING, don't hesitate to call me. You have my number and I'm only a 10 minute ride away.

Jeff

chazm

Someone was with you that day & will carry you thru this. God bless

Chasm

Trouty56

I don't know how it happened....I didn't even know it happened....doesn't matter....there are a LOT of people thinking of you, praying for you, and hurting for you.  Get well soon Karl!!!

roscoemi

Sparky, please let Karl know he will be missed and we wish him a speedy recovery. Only the BIG GUY knows why he is still with us.Kyle wanted to send him a message, kinda crappy pic but he will get the message.

post-6649-0-73491000-1365730424_thumb.jp.

Docwheelhorse

Karl I hope they get you back in shape asap....  Listen to what the docs say and follow it to the letter.

Tony

whc160

Take care of youself Karl and listen to the Doctors. 

I knew to many people that don't listen to them and end up going backward instead of forward with their recovery.

posifour11

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

neil

In Reading your notes above Karl  it made me cry as i know exactly how you must be feeling as i had similar experience myself a couple of years ago,.in my truck.

I just wanna say that all our prayers are with you at this  moment so that you make a  full  speedy recovery..

all the best mate & take it easy

keep us posted of your road to recovery 

God Bless you & your family & get well soon

from Neil & Family

leeave96

God Speed Karl!!!!

brybrychrismer

Karl take care and listen to you doctors. You will be missed while your away. Me and the Misses will keep you in our thought and prayers. And we wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Bryan&Becky

Chrismer

dclarke

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, Karl. We'll be keeping you in our prayers.

Wheelhorse84

Get well soon Karl.