Sign in to follow this  
eibbed

Wheelhorse Knowledge

eibbed

What is a good starter Wheelhorse book, and how would I obtain it?

DMESS

Well, just read everything TT posts! Better than any book!

Seriously, there is only one "Wheel Horse" book persay and that is "Straight From The Horses Mouth, the Wheel Horse Story". It covers the history of Pond and Wheel Horse nicely but is not a technical manual by any means, For in depth technical stuff individual operators/maintenance manuals are going to be your best bet.

What type of specific info are you looking for? History? Specs? Model specific stuff? We CAN help! B)

Many brains here with an endless array of useless Wheel Horse infomation just piled up looking for an opportunity to vent! :whistle:

linen beige

I'll echo everything Dustin posted and add that just reading through all the archived posts on this board is extremely informative and entertaining to boot.

Chime in with any specific questions you might come up with, someone will give you a good answer at the least. You'll probably get some GREAT answers!

kpinnc

You'll probably get some GREAT answers!

Or at least a funny one!

Kevin

T-Mo

The book has been coming up a lot on ebay since the show in June. Oh, look, there's another "Straight from the Horse's Mouth" book on ebay now!

Wheel Horse Book

eibbed

Thanks,

I'm going to check out ebay for the book on Wheelhorses.

Dave

linen beige

The listing in Treed's link is, as the listing says, actually the author of the book. Notice the low buy it now price. Also notice that he has signed each book. So don't fall for one of the other listings for a "rare" signed copy at an inflated price.

T-Mo

Good point, Jim. There are a few sellers out there that's trying to jack the price up on these books, so be aware.

TT

So there's actually more than one JAKE out there, huh? B)

eibbed

I ordered the book today!

T-Mo

Great. I got my book just after the June Wheel Horse show. It didn't take me long to read it and goggle at the pictures. B)

glenn27

The listing in Treed's link is, as the listing says, actually the author of the book. Notice the low buy it now price. Also notice that he has signed each book. So don't fall for one of the other listings for a "rare" signed copy at an inflated price.

Same price as at the show---must be trying to get rid of the surplus. B)

Curmudgeon

Same price as at the show---must be trying to get rid of the surplus. B)

Or maybe just not trying to fleece anyone like so many ebayers do...

linen beige

Or maybe just not trying to fleece anyone like so many ebayers do...

Just being his good guy self. B)

bowtieguy

Hey...Mike is one great guy....I got to meet him at the PA show this year and he is the real deal....he even remembered me as I had sent him an email and told him to bring 10 books for me and all the WH guys in Missouri.....I would love to see his WH collection....and for all those who also got to meet him at the show, did you notice the Wheel Horse wristwatch that he was wearing?.....it has some history behind it that only Mike can tell...with pride ....

Nope, never sold any books on ebay.....I even have both the 1st and 2nd edition of the WH book and both autographed by Mr Cecil Pond....nope, not for sale and never will be.....name me another tractor hobby where you can meet and shake hands with the man who invented the tractor....PLUS get his autograph.....

If I'm lucky, maybe my triplet grandsons will get to read the books before they use them for "coloring books"...lol