Swemill

D series New member with a D-180

Swemill

Thank you very much for your comments guys! Real fun that you from "the land of Wheel Horse" like my modifications!

smoreau

I have never liked the looks of the D tractors :hide: But after looking at yours and seeing all the mods that you have done, I want one! That is one sharp looking tractor!! :thumbs2: 

Swemill

Tried to upload some new pics on the latest project on the Horse but it says "you have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments"...

Is this something new? Do i need to erase my old pics to upload new ones?

• Like 1

roscoemi

The simple fix would be to become a supporter, much more space allowed. :grin:

JackC

I have never liked the looks of the D tractors :hide: But after looking at yours and seeing all the mods that you have done, I want one! That is one sharp looking tractor!! :thumbs2:

I felt the same way and now I own two.  They grow on you.  They are a nice solid and heavy platform to add your creations to, like your V plow.   With the 3 point hitch and 2,000 rpm rotating PTO you can add whatever you can think of.  Their biggest down sides for being a larger and heavier vehicle, are they do not have 4 wheel drive, they do not have differential lock, they do not have power steering, and they have a relatively wide turning radius.

EmilSand

Thats some nice work youve put into that tractor, your mechanical skills are insane, fun fact though, I live in Skåne aswell and bought my first wheel horse last year, a c160, bought a hydraulic motor and pump the other week, if I cant get it to work ill most definitly send you a pm haha!

AMC RULES

Tried to upload some new pics on the latest project on the Horse but it says "you have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments"...

Is this something new? Do i need to erase my old pics to upload new ones?

Yes, either delete some...

or...like was said...a :rs: supporter pkg will fix the pict issue you're having.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/store/

Edited by AMC RULES

jdmitchjr@6dlam.com

I am a new Wheel Horse D-180 owner and am unhappy with the obviously undersized mufflers mine came with.  I like your exhaust system, but am wondering if the foot pads get a bit too warm in the Summer.  I imagine in the cold and snow it is helpful....

Thanks.

John

Hodge71

I am a new Wheel Horse D-180 owner and am unhappy with the obviously undersized mufflers mine came with.  I like your exhaust system, but am wondering if the foot pads get a bit too warm in the Summer.  I imagine in the cold and snow it is helpful....

Thanks.

John

I bet you're right John. I can tell you that my grill surround gets hot enough in the winter to burn my hands if I let it set there a couple seconds and 50% on my exhaust is outside of there due to the stack... I would hate to see how hot it would get with the big Nelson cans under there

Swemill

Thats some nice work youve put into that tractor, your mechanical skills are insane, fun fact though, I live in Skåne aswell and bought my first wheel horse last year, a c160, bought a hydraulic motor and pump the other week, if I cant get it to work ill most definitly send you a pm haha!

Wow, thats cool! Where do you live? A friend of mine at work also has a c160. They seems real nice!

Should you use the motor and pump for hydraulic attachments? I´m going to connect the pump with a driveshaft to the front pto axle. The motor needs more electric power than the small alternator could give....

Swemill

I bet you're right John. I can tell you that my grill surround gets hot enough in the winter to burn my hands if I let it set there a couple seconds and 50% on my exhaust is outside of there due to the stack... I would hate to see how hot it would get with the big Nelson cans under there

No problems with heat! At least not what i have noticed... I also use shoes when i drive my Horse!  =)

The exhaust gets very warm, but mostly at the front near the engine! I also have 2 glasspack mufflers (1 cut in 2) at the original mufflers place. Offcourse the system must generate heat also at the back but i think it does more good at winter than it does bad in summer...

Swemill

Yes, either delete some...

or...like was said...a :rs: supporter pkg will fix the pict issue you're having.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/store/

Ok, just thought that i should show some new pics. I'm member at many other carclubs etc and also have web pages myself so i think that will be enough for me. 

EmilSand

I live up in Kristianstad, bought my c160 from a guy whos father inlaw had a wheelhorse dealership, if they dont have what you need it doesnt exist haha! Yeah, ive got a pretty big snowblade wich is a pain in the ass to operate manually so the thought is to hook up the hydraulics to use the plow and maybe raise and lower the mowingdeck!