Sign in to follow this  
dave24

wheel horse snowmobile value?

dave24

heard of wheel horse snowmobiles i no where one is but was wondering what there worth thanks! it runs good has electric start,all original condition. its a 1970 one cylender sled thanks!

Whmaverick

wow! best of both worlds for me. i would love to make that find as i have three arctic cats and a garage full of wheel horses. as a snowmobile its prettymuch worthless but as an addition to a wheel horse collection its worth whatever one is willing to pay, right? in my humble opinion i value it around $350.00 give or take one hundred as the condition dictates value. but thats just my opinion. :twocents-02cents: 

Indy520H

there's a wheel horse snowmobile currently on E-bay.  I don't remember what its going for but i would base the value off of that for at least a starting point.

6wheeler

I don't think they are that valuable. Not worth any more than the same vintage JD's or Polaris or Arctic Cats or Ski-Doo's. I just sold a nice JD 400 with a fresh CCW 340 and a very good track (the last sled I will personally ever own) for $300.00. It went to a fella that only rides older sleds. I think they (WH's) used the J-LO singles back then. Not a great engine, but it worked for what they were. Personally, I wouldn't pay over a hundred bucks for one. And, at that? It would have to be fairly nice.  :twocents-02cents:

CasualObserver

Value... hard to say.  Of the ones I've seen sell in the past few years, most of the decent looking/running ones were in the $250-500 range and rough-looking/running or parts/needs work sleds have been in the $25-200 range.  Parts are getting more scarce, although they are out there, mostly in parts sleds.  Occasionally someone finds a small cache of NOS parts, but they're few and far in between. 

Ebay is a horrible place meter of real value of anything, especially something like a snowmobile.  They're too regional.   There was a fully restored on sold on ebay a few years back that brought $1400... but like I said... fully restored... perfect showroom condition.  Then a couple years later that exact same sled sat on ebay over and over and wouldn't sell at $1100.  I don't even know if he ever did sell it.

Just like garden tractors, really it comes down to what the buyer/seller are happy with.  Buyers always want the lowest possible number, and sellers want the highest.  As long as you can meet in the middle and both be happy, it's a good deal.  Not exactly a valuable sled... not rare, but not common either. Hope that helps a little.

Oh... and they're supposed to have Kohler two-cycle engines.  Their predecessor Sno-Flite used some JLO's.