TT

My narrow-front (tricycle) Charger in motion.

Sparky

Nice video, looked like a slow motion square dance with a tractor....you know....dose-e-do and around we go :grin:  !

So is there any reason you couldn't hang a deck off it? Would a deck clear the front wheels? It has a great turning radius for around trees and flower beds.

Mike................

• Like 2

TT

I didn't want to tear up that perfect grass. :lol:

It'll never see a mower deck, but as long as the deck & drive belt tensioner are pre-'72 they should work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: I just remembered that no one could reply to this where I originally had it posted (Videos) so I moved it here.

Edited by TT

70sVintageTrikes

Sorry if its a dumb question but... Is that skinny front factory and if so, is it "rare" (Im serious)

puddlejumper

How subject is that tractor to a high speed rollover. Is it pretty stable or is caution required?

Gene_S

Great video TT!!! Makes me want to get my 853 out and play (and also make my steering work as smooth as yours does) Very nice machine!!!

Tankman

Great work on the Horse, nice video too!

Does appear the Stallion could turn on a dime!

PS. Weather looked nice too! Grass is goin' to POP any day!

sorekiwi

That thing is just so cool.  Love it.

As Mitch asked, how "tippy" is it?

stevebo

That really shows how the diff in the rear works. Cool stuff !

JC 1965

WOW  !!     Looks and sounds great Terry. You did a great job on that tractor. I know the narrow front end is not original but it looks like it could be.    :notworthy:

TT

Sorry if its a dumb question but... Is that skinny front factory and if so, is it "rare" (Im serious)

Negative - I built the narrow front and installed it on what began as a 1968 Charger 9.

Charger9.jpg

How subject is that tractor to a high speed rollover. Is it pretty stable or is caution required?

I haven't really tried any serious sidehills, but it's pretty wide (and weighted) on the rear. I doubt that it's much tippier than it was in stock form.

My dad laughs every time he hears people talking about how "unsafe" a narrow front end is. He farmed some really steep sidehills with a pair of Allis Chalmers WC's and never upset one. The new owners of that farm have modern equipment and won't go near some of the hills he worked with those tractors. :scratchead:

Great video TT!!! Makes me want to get my 853 out and play (and also make my steering work as smooth as yours does) Very nice machine!!!

The cluster sprocket makes a huge difference. It's like having power steering and it's not quick & choppy like the 1:1 conversions I have seen.

:text-thankyoublue:

welderman85

thats a very cool and great looking tractor

Kelly

The craftsmanship shows in the finished product, and the 8" front wheels help he look, 6" wheels are a bit small but is what most people go with, and 4" is just plain to small for the right look. 

chazm

Always thought that was a cool build     :handgestures-thumbupright:     Shows off your top notch mechanical skills   :bow-blue:

Chas       :flags-usa:

Martin

videos show so much more than pics......

very nice tractor tt.

ive always thought that your front end execution looks so much nicer and in 'proportion' than a lot of the other examples around. 

AMC RULES

Very cool. :handgestures-thumbsup: Considered building any more for retrofit Terry?    :eusa-think: 

groundhog47

Sick of hearing it or not :woohoo:  "you did an awesome job" that's the story and I'm stickin' to it!!!

TT

Very cool. :handgestures-thumbsup: Considered building any more for retrofit Terry?    :eusa-think: 

A narrow front round hood is on the list - but not very close to the top. ;)

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Very cool terry!

Wheel-N-It

Nice build Terry!

JimmyJam

Nice looking rebuild! Awesome to see it in action! Thanks for the video! Takes on a new meaning for a "Zero-Turn" Wheel Horse!!!!!

312Hydro

Thanks for sharing the vid and I think if Wheel Horse had made this they would use your setup. It just looks so factory and I love that tight turning radius! Well done ! Is there a build link? :bow-blue:

c161rat

Thanks for sharing Terry.....very nice tractor and workmanship!!!!

Ken B

Nice job TT, looks factory.

red tractor

Terry

What a great looking tractor..I found a garage type repair shop that has around 20 old Wheel Horse tractors !         and you guess it !    won't let go of any..   . keep on riding...Red  :greetings-waveyellow: