Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

My WH Hero

BairleaFarm

I went to get a wagon and seeder today and noticed 2 whs on the side of the road. I noticed them because i never see them. I stopped on the way back and talked to the guy. He said they were for sale. I told him i wasnt interested but just wanted to say hi to another WH owner. He told me he had a couple more if i wanted to see them. He walked me behind his house and at the bottom of the hill he had 15 or so WH. B)B) Not one model was the same. Only one round nose. He had a's. b's, c's, specials, and verts. :whistle: most ran but all were complete. He had big ones with 15" wheels and cast iron hoods. Didnt see any attachments other than blades, decks, and wagons. He take me into his garage :banana: :horseplay: hes got several piles of old manuals. Looks like something in a dealer they way they were in binders. I am so very excited I stopped. I told him where i lived and that he saw my wh sitting in the yard last week. He told me to stop by any time.

BairleaFarm

I know I know, they arent mule drives. But some of his mule drives were spring loaded dealies. Pretty neat. He evey had a work horse. I have seen very few WHs and was glad I could see all those models.

pond195520032003

thats great B) its always nice to find someone interested in the same thing you are, especially that close :whistle: :horseplay: :banana:

linen beige

Hey David! Can ya hook a neighbor up? B)

daemon2525

That is great!!! I did nearly the same thing yesterday.

My hero does not really do Wheelhorse. He is more of an ENGINE guy.

I went to pick up a 12hp Kohler and he had 2. Along with 3 or 4 8/9hps, a bunch of Briggs, up to 16HP. There must have been 30-40 engines setting on shelves.

These engines were not parts just thrown in a pile. They were NICE.

He had really large Briggs engines that were obviously NOS. They still had tags on them

I cannot describe how many parts this guy had. My neighbor who hooked me up, wanted some Sears parts and we went to a different building to look for parts.

He had 10+ milk crates that had nothing but pulleys in them. 10 milk crates full of nothing but air filter lids. ?? boxes of whatever. etc. etc.

If there are any Indiana guys interested, I will PM them the guys name. I do not want to make it public. He lives in Huntertown Indiana for those guys in Indiana that want to see how close they live to the motherload.

He had probably 15 running tractors, mostly Sears and Simplicity.

He is NOT good for Wheelhorse parts other than engine parts.

Teddy da Bear

I think David found a new best friend.....lol

I could use an engine guy too!

BairleaFarm

Hey David! Can ya hook a neighbor up? B)

I actually wanted to take a bunch of pitures. I dont want take anyone over and take pictures and scare this nice old man away. I think im going to stop by every now and then. Once i get to know him ill get pics and stuff.

T-Mo

If you asked him about taking pictures nicely and do it within another conversation, most people would say, "yes". I never had a problem with taking pictures of other people's stuff, as long as I asked politely and did it as a result of a conversation we were having over the tractors.

refracman

Dave

It sounds like ya got yourself a WH buddy there. Its allways great when you have a older gent befreind ya. I know it has enriches my life when it happens to me.

and pics would be cool too

BairleaFarm

I might stop by next week and talk with him again. Maybe see if I can get some pictures.

KyBlue

Pics are good... How about telling me and jim where he is so we can go pester him!!! hahaha

linen beige

Pics are good... How about telling me and jim where he is so we can go pester him!!! hahaha

Shhhhh! I'm more interested in what he might have for sale. AND what he may know of that COULD be for sale in this area.

BairleaFarm

He onl had 2 forsale. A b100 and something else close to it. 450 for one and 500 for the other.