Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Do you own more than one "WORKER" Wheel Horse?

papaglide

B-80 with slot hitch does the gardening

416-8 with 48" blade plows snow also does some cutting with a 42" deck

CC 1864 with 54" deck does most grass cutting

CC 1200 does pulling

Power king 2418 used for leisurely strolls around my 2 acre yard!

I would eventually like to replace the 1200 with a black hood some day!

Tankman

All five of my Stallions share the work, depending on how I feel.

'85 416-8 usually has a 48" dozer

'88 414-6 has a 42" dozer

'73 "No Name" 12 hp Automatic, mows only (this automatic w/ electric PTO is amazing)

'68 Raider 12, mows only

'90 520-8 currently being restored, ready however, 48" deck, need decals (will do after restoration is completed), currently "test runs" through the woods with the Grandsons

The Horses are for fun, hobby, Grandsons, Sons, boys 'n the shop "working hard."

All are restored, all Rustoleum Regal Red, crystal clear overspray. Crystal Clear goes over most all, including decals.

All are bein' helped by Joes, Jacks, Partstree, Lowes, Home "Cheapo", Tractor Supply. The Grandsons love "browsing" the BIG box stores, comparing their "stuff" to our herd, NO comparison. :smile:

Years ago we did plow the earth and garden, now we live on a rock! Besides, the four kids have their own places, two sons took Horses with them. Now I only have five! What's this world comin' to?

On the lookout for a clean "D" series. Why? Just 'cause us boys need another project. That's why!

Butch

My  C-175 rotates between the plow for snow in the winter and the brinly for garden work.

My C-85 rotates between the belly plow and mower deck.

Need to get a 3rd tractor so the belly plow and mower deck can have their own tractors.

These attachments are so darn heavy to play with.

shallowwatersailor

Every one of my tractors has a particular job, although two share duties. I have Scott Moreau's hitches on the 518xi and C-105 which really increases their use. I am debating about getting an aftermarket sleeve hitch for them to share.

My 518xi pulls the Cyclone Rake, plows snow (if - and when that happens!), and mows the lawn.

DSCN1869.jpgDSC05412_zps88ca7200.jpg

The 312A has the Johnny Bucket for moving mulch, etc. It is getting a set of bar tires this year.

DSCN1797.jpgccb1b4b6-dd47-44d9-85a2-adb93bfb166f_zps

The C-105 is my "go-to" tractor because it is so much fun! I used this last season for mowing besides being the tractor for pulling things.

DSC05081_zpsbc08c19a.jpgDSCF8342_zps735ea523.jpg

Last but not least is my other "worker." This is my squirrel bait because they prefer to chew on "corn binders" than the herd. :ychain:

bc12cb0a-121c-463a-a092-81f02d65da10_zps

Actually, it came free with the house although it had been abandoned and shoved out into the field.  I hope to one day find the time to get this back in shape.

Edited by shallowwatersailor

Rick_in_CT

Multi-tasking means multi-machines, many multi is better!

post-8836-0-38530800-1362864985_thumb.jp

• Like 3

wheeledhorseman

Each of my horses has one or sometimes two working tasks. We have a lot of grass to cut and my wife, son and daughter also enjoy seat time so at least four have good decks, oh, and best have a spare!. Now tach-a-matic was a great idea but it can be unhelpful to anyone getting the WH bug and unable to resist adding another, and then another to the stable.

To avoid suggestions being made like 'surely we have enough horses now' it is a good idea to play down the tach-a-matic principle. So a tractor to pull things, one to push things, one or more to show and keep clean, another that doesn't matter if it gets dirty and so on becomes a useful and plausible rationale. Support for this concept can be furthered by letting members of the family adopt and name a tractor. 'I hope you're not thinking of selling Barry!'

Works for me! :)

Andy

mrocket49

My C-175 hydro is for mowing, snowblowing, and pulling my garden sprayer, (because with Matts hydro-foot drive, I can drive with one hand while holding the spray wand with the other).

My C-125 8-speed is for snowplowing & rototilling, I find the gear drive better for rototilling.

kthack657

we use a C-100 for mowing, a C/Raider 16 mutt for snow plowing, the others it depends on if we have tasks...the 1054 did pull around a trailer with 3 tons of shingles when we redid our roof...another was used for redneck tree trimming...

jay in nc

oh the joys of having more than one horse!  most mow & pull carts & sweepers.  i leave the snow plow on the raider 9 post-4393-0-78901300-1362920008_thumb.jp the c-161 8 speed does most of the garden chores.post-4393-0-04945000-1362920163_thumb.jp but the 310-8 will help some this year. the raider 10 - 12 mutt does duty in the goat pasture. the smaller tractors commando 8, workhorse 800 & commando 800 mow with rd decks & pull trailers, i used the 518 yesterday to pull the car trailer around as a long workbehch. & honorable mention goes to the a-81 rear engine rider for quick steering & a large footwell for mowing along the road & picking up BOJANGLES trash & other assorted litterpost-4393-0-72573500-1362921106_thumb.jp oh and i forgot the designated kid tractor a charger V8 automatic, it brings smiles to all the younguns that run it.  but too much ideling around has  started to seise up the KV181 so ot will soon be replaced,post-4393-0-12931600-1362921503_thumb.jp  i have lotsof tractors & most get used weekly no show tractors here but this is the commando 8 i took to the big show last year, goot topic Jay

post-4393-0-48323900-1362921791_thumb.jp

• Like 3

welderman85

Trouble is that instead of swapping attachments, I usually end up having to swap batteries!

i know what you mean i hate batteries no matter what i do some allways go dead and when i want to use a certin tractor the battery is junk

can whlvr

i use all my tractors that run for all duties,i spread it around,but in winter i keep 2 blower machines allways ready,i plow tractor all year,in summer 2 mowers allways ready,i do this for when an implement of tractor break down i can finish the job and repair later,with older machines theres gonna be breakdowns from time to time,probally new ones too but i dont own anything newer than a 1990

whc160

74 gets a 42" snow blade in the winter (at Mom's shop) and plows the gardens in the spring.

75 has a 42" blower in the winter and 42" deck for mowing.

76 gets a 48" snow blade in the winter and the tiller in the spring and summer.

77 still needs some work and will get assigned it's job or jobs later.

520-8 just picked up a few weeks ago.  Got to get it running and do a little work to it.  I think it is going to get blower duty.

The 656 is waiting to be restored.  But it and all the other share towing duties. 

Wheel-N-It

Over the past year or so I've been investing much of what little spare time I have with trying to get the Herd and attachments in place for specific duties. The attachments I have are two 48" SD mowing decks, one 42" RD mowing deck, one rear mounted tiller, and one snow/dirt push blade. For now this is how I think its going to pan out;

1: My trusty old 312-8 will be the tiller tractor. Also the "Styling and Profiling Tractor" as I bought it new.

2: The C-125 will be the the 42" RD tractor pulling a lawn sweeper (still got to get a sweeper)

3: The 417-A will have one of the 48" SD decks

4: The 416-8 will have the other 48" SD deck

5: The 310-8 needs an engine reuild LOL

*note: No plans for the WH blade as I already have a blade mounted on my Cub Cadet 1650. Its all hydro, which means I don't have to manually lift or lower the blade on it.

tarcoleo

I treasure two customized C-chasses shown.  Used to cut grass, each with 48" deck.  Also have a mid-mount 50" grader

for driveway work.  I love these two as if they were my younger children.  See earlier thread below.

608KEB

74 B-100 auto 37" snowthrower, 36" RD mower. In progress 75 C-100 42" snowplow. At farm 75 C-120 auto 48" SD mower, 42" snowthrower, 75 B-80 spare tractor.

post-5623-0-82597700-1363054446_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-37194200-1363054493_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-63646200-1363054539_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-54055500-1363054578.jpg

• Like 1

Marv

Malmac,

Do you find the steering on your C141 with loader to be hard with the bucket loaded? Mine is very stiff with material in the bucket, of course it is harder steering with just the bucket than with other attachments. I have the heavy duty kit on the front.

Marv,

MalMac

Marv sent you a PM

Forest Road

314H does most of the work

2 stage blower

3-1/2" mackissic chipper shredder

42" RD deck

50" grader when needed

48" plow

520 xi with Quick Way Loader has pretty much eliminated the wheel barrow

rick

No show tractors here, all three work. 416 H w/ 48" SD cuts grass, 314 8 is the work bull plowing snow, pushing, pulling things, and the C100 42"SD is on standby.

Ken B

Other than using my 520 for snow and mowing work I will also use this 633 for mowing, towing the wood cart and clearing snow under a foot.

005_zpsa723f9f6.jpg

• Like 1

Volfandt

I've got 2 workers. An 856 & 876, Both have specialized type duties. The 856 just did the 1st mow of 2013 this past weekend. This is an older pic w/the blade on the 856 instead of the 36" mower..

post-402-0-00202900-1363657372.jpg

bean

I am down to one wheel horse. I had 4 (rj58, 854, 8hp, 310-8). the 310-8 does everything, and is pretty economical to mow with.

Mike333

I'm really interested in how many of us own multiple tractors for different tasks.   So far I'm impressed.

I've been bitten by the more than one bug pretty badly and I guess I'm trying to justify buying one or two more.

Thanks for all the photos!  These really get me motivated with Spring just about here.

I think that bug bit me too! I just picked up my first one today and now I already want another one to use while I restore mt GT 1100

SAM58

Why own them if you don't work them?....

Both mow, plow & grade.

314-8 on left, 520H on right.

IMG_0675.jpg

• Like 2

rojojr13

I try and purpose all my tractors.  I have a C125 with a 48" deck on it for cutting.  A 312-8 that is for plowing.  A d200 with a 60 deck on the back for big fields.  A C-165 that I put a hydraulic pump on to power a log splitter and also pull a custom built 4 wheel hydraulic dump wagon. And a D160 with a loader on it.  My B-80 is looking for a purpose.