Sign in to follow this  
fisherman

exhaust gasket?

fisherman

Hey people i discovered that my muffler is loose havent tried to tighten it up as i dont have that allen wrench. I suspect that the gasket is gone. is there gasket material that u can buy or is the oem gasket available? this is the k341.

Wheel-N-It

Fisherman, the first thing you need to buy is some PB Blaster and a good quality allen wrench to fit those two bolts. I would not even try to loosen those bolts without letting the PB Blaster soak in the threads for a week. In fact, after you spray the bolts, then spray some PB Blaster on an old rag and wrap it around the exhaust flange and bolts. This will keep the PB wet on the affected area and speed the process. Once the bolts loosen, then spray more PB on the threads working the bolt back and forth and spraying repeaditly until you finally extract the bolts.

fisherman

thats what i plan to do, but when i do get it off what about the gasket?

Kelly

Go to most any small engine shop they should be able to get you the gasket, the port shape and size is for the engine not WH, so the gasket should be a standard gasket, used on many brands.

Mike336

Another way of  loosining those bolts...Run the engine for one hour... then soak the bolts with PB blaster...Metal will expand enough to move those bolts...I have been doing it this way for many years...Always works....unless those bolts are so rusted and weak...