Sign in to follow this  
jaydeer

702 CL Pickup

jaydeer

Been looking at a roundhood on Erie Craigslist for a while and finally enough snow has melted that I could go look at it. Picked it up as it has a 7hp starter generator Kohler and the hydraulic lift set up. Side panel states 702. My question is was this a typical setup for that model, as usually the second number, in this case 0 designates a pull start. In looking at the gallery TT has one that looks similar. Is this another case of a variance in the wheel horse numbering system, or could this be an owner modification. I will check the ID tag tomorrow and hopefully get a pic up, along a salvaged 704

• Like 1

Callen

702 and 701's both came with electric start.

sorekiwi

Yes John the 702 is one of those models which doesnt follow the rules of the number designation.

Same tractor as a 552 but with the electric start Kohler.

Good score!

TT

Prior to 1965, you won't find an ID tag. The 702 will only have a shift pattern / serial number sticker on the hoodstand.

If the HY-2 kit was installed at the factory, that sticker should be on the "bottom" of the hoodstand in front of the shifter hole.

The serial number was only used for recording each unit in the production ledger. (which is inaccessible)

It does not identify the individual model like the numbers used on the '65 & later models.