Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

New England Blizzard!!!

Wyattrrp

Only callin for 18-24": with possible up to 36" so "No Ploblem Mahnn". Like bein' in the bahama's here in Central Mass!

Global warming kickin in. New chain on the single stage, new drive belt, all fueled up 312-8 and chompin at the bit. Thinkin' might use the blower this storm, not just the 48 plow?? LOL.

20 Gals of petro on hand for the Horses, and Generator if needed. Today mid-day they were 4 deep at a 16 pump gas station patiently waiting turns while I watched most pull 6 gal containers out to fill. My load was $93 ouch!

Worst is predicted from mid afternoon thru the night into Sat Am. May need to do a Midnight clearing to keep up. WooHoo! Monday 40 and rain but thinking it won't quite clear the yard for mowing for a while.

Wyatt

Wheel-N-It

I won't be getting in on any of the snow removal action that you guys will. Gonna be 59degrees and Sunny, Friday afternoon. I know you will be having fun. Maybe we will get some kind of freak snow storm before Spring. If we do, I will be sure to post some snow removal pics of my own.

redidbull

Aired up the tires and topped off the tank. I think I am ready. Chains are on tight. I got the Craftsman snowblower too. Love weekend storms. Everyone stay safe. Jim

Ken B

I won't be getting in on any of the snow removal action that you guys will. Gonna be 59degrees and Sunny, Friday afternoon. I know you will be having fun. Maybe we will get some kind of freak snow storm before Spring. If we do, I will be sure to post some snow removal pics of my own.

Van, wanna trade places for a few days? :ychain:

• Like 1

Trouty56

I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so FREAKIN jealous right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handgestures-thumbdown::ranting::angry-steamingears::angry-teeth:

I really don't hate you guys though :ychain:

Not me fellows...I already have cabin fever and having that much snow around for the rest of the winter...restricting movements to pathways....I don't envy you....

Stay safe and warm.

Wheel-N-It

Van, wanna trade places for a few days? :ychain:

I just might want to do that for some snowstorm in the future Ken. That could be alot of fun, and a good experience for me. No kidding :occasion-snowman:

Iggy68

62 and sunny today in SC. If ones of you guys could setup a live feed so we could watch the snow removal as we sit in the lawn chair soaking in the rays that would be great!

Wheel-N-It

62 and sunny today in SC. If ones of you guys could setup a live feed so we could watch the snow removal as we sit in the lawn chair soaking in the rays that would be great!

:text-yeahthat: Great Idea !

Lane Ranger

Here you go - BLIZZARD PREP 101!14 Essentials to Prepare for a Blizzard www.thisoldhouse.com

A blizzard or even a heavy snowfall at the wrong time or in the wrong place can be a rude surprise for homeowners without the necessary supplies for prep and cl...eanup. Don't be caught off guard the next time the white stuff threatens to cripple your region. Arm yourself ahead of time with these goods…

Edited by Lane Ranger

jimbo7921

Just sittin here getting ready to go out and clean up the foot of snow we got in southwest ontario. Wish i had a blower for that much but the blade will.make out just fine im sure.

JC 1965

Hope everyone and their family's that are in the path of this blizzard will be safe. This is a serious storm. I know you guys that live in the north east are use to getting a lot of snow but this thing looks dangerous. Good luck !! :hide:

• Like 1

Jake217

Boy did I pick the wrong time to tear down the Onan in my 520H. That one usually runs the single stage blower with my own variation of the "Clarence Snow Blower Auger mod. Luckily I still have my great running 312A with the retro-fitted Eaton 1100. Just took the dozer blade off of that one and mounted the single stage blower to that. I don't think I'd want to push this amount of snow anyway.

We're in the 30+" inches projected snow area - local weather gals and guys are say most likely more well more than 30" inches in my area.

I've also got the C-165 with the loader if things get really bad!

Snowing here now.

This is gonna be a blast!

• Like 1

can whlvr

we got 14 inches here,i had the blower going,blew 3 old belts so i got out the plow tractor,14 inches is too much for me

mattd860

How's everyone doing? So far he have 12+ inches and its coming down harder than ever. We still have power but it blinks off and on once in awhile. It's also thundering and lightning which is odd for a snow storm.

6wheeler

Thunder Snow RULES Matt. It doesn't happen very often but, when it does I love it. Good luck to you guys out there. I know you may need it. We used to get snow. Way back in the old days. We are supposed to get a major snow event this weekend..... Or a major rain and Ice event. Or a no show, cuz them clowns down in Iowa keep hogging it all. But them Canadians don't mind sharing the COLD with us.........Be safe everyone..........

varosd

for South Central PA, a dusting and gone... :no:

stevebo

not a ton of snow here but the drifts are high for sure

Sparky

Plenty here and its still coming down hard!!

post-2-0-52475900-1360378871_thumb.jpg

Mike............

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Be safe and stay warm guys. I'll be checking in on you. :wwp:

Coadster32

I just plowed at 8pm, and then again at 10pm.....6 more inches in that time. When I was done, only 15-20 min, 1/2 on the ground. :omg:

Kevbo

Wow that looks deep Mike! Here in southeastern PA we have about 2"-3" on the ground so I'll be plowing in the morning. I will be sure to post pics but its going to be nothing compared to what you guys up north are dealing with...

Shuboxlover

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

salt in the wound!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry-nono::no::teasing-poke::evil: :angry-screaming:

MaineDad

On android only power now. Over two feet of snow and counting. Blowing like crazy! Supposed to get an additional 10 to 16 inches today.

Coadster32

We're buried here on the coast of CT. I removed over a foot yestrday, and you can't even tell that this morning. I beleive my 854 has met it's match. My back hurts already!! Still got power though.

Tim

went out to snowthrow last niight about 4" on the ground. made a few passes and the C-141 auto started smoking and died. thought i would need another tractor for the snowthrower so got a 314-8 out of the shed. put in garage in case. pushed the 141 in behind it

cleaned up the rest with the another 314.

started looking over the 141 and found somehow the battery tie down rod slipped off the battery and got caught up in the drive belt and pulled into the engine pulley. got it out, straighted it, reassembled and went and blew another 8-9 inches before bed.

like coadster said above, can't even tell anything was done