Torino

Does any use a lift to work on there tractors?

stevasaurus

Sorry, no pictures yet, but I have been putting my horses on my trailer and then I back them onto my ramps (which has the other end on cement blocks). :) Works great...they are a little more then a foot off the ground.

73-18 automatic

This is what I made last summer and itis really easy and handy to work on tractors

sorekiwi

I too suffer from a worn out back, so on my longer term projects I need something to lift them up a little.

These small wooden stands are the ones that get used the most:

IMG_2722.jpg

Years ago I built this to work on the RJ58 I used to have. It worked great for that, but it's not so stable with a bigger tractor on it.

IMG_1849-1.jpg

And one day I am going to do this:

204504.jpg

• Like 3

JUSS10

Alright so i had some time tonight and decided to draft up that one design in solidworks. This is a rough model based on what i could figure from the pictures on that website. I haven't figured out just how much steel is in it, but there is a LOT. I'm guessing on the top construction but the base seems pretty spot on. It seems over kill. I may try and re design it to lessen the steel amount.

Anyway here are some screen shots.

liftcollapsed_zps7b44186a.jpg

liftup_zpsb2eadde6.jpg

collapsedwithramp_zps57a54d77.jpg

raisedwithramp_zps6a75ba4d.jpg

Obviously for a tractor you would have to add wings, I was just showing it the way the website showed it. It could be widened overall as well.

fireman

Just a suggestion! Don't add wings to the lift. My first lift had a narrower base than the top and it was kind of dangerous. Was ok if you didn't lean or shake it to hard. I would suggest making the base close to the same size of the top. Your other option could be to add swing out stabilizers that would add some stabilization when it was up in the air.

• Like 1

whlpny

I bought a Direct Lift Pro-cycle/atv lift 2 years ago- its the best shop investment I have ever made. Its rated at 1,000lbs lift but it will do more -I've done an easy 1200lbs with it. Under no circumstances will I ever work on another tractor on the ground again. The cost is worth the bodily pain saved in the knees and back. The Pro-cycle gets the added wings to make the table 4ft wide so its perfect for my 4x4 builds. You can see the removeable ramp in the first pic- its off in the other build pics. Its easily removed so you can get up close to work on the ends. The walker hanging up in the top corner in last pic is what I will use from not buying this lift sooner !

post-154-0-75325600-1360440701.jpg

post-154-0-06483300-1360440714.jpg

post-154-0-04546200-1360440722.jpg

post-154-0-57871700-1360440732.jpg

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

I'm liking that round hood rat rod Bob.

The 4x4 aren't bad either :)

• Like 1

whlpny

Thanks Dave- that was a fun project and there was no way I was going to build that low-slung beast on a garage floor!

• Like 1

546cowboy

Well here you go these are on sale right now at Harbor Freight. It is about 3/4 of the way down the page. http://widgets.harbo...31&keycode=1003

Edited by 546cowboy

Torino

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the HF one. I went out looking at the motorcycle mags and found a coupon in a copy of Motorcycle Cruiser where you can get it for 299. I scanned the coupon if any one wants a copy.

squonk

I used one of those HF lift tables for my 704

DSCF0707_zps6ddf61cb.jpg

baerpath

On ebay theres a coupon for the Harbor freight lift (1000 lb one) for $299.00 $8.99 just for the coupon Anyone ever used one from Ebay Thinking of trying it wondered if anyone has done it

JackC

The hot rod in whlpny's post looks like Bat Man's lawn mower.

• Like 1

Torino

Squonk, I was thinking hard on the lift table but was afraid it would be to wide for some of my tractors.

Torino

Here is the coupon if anyone wants it. It says original coupon must be presented but many on the web said most stores will take a copy. Your store my vary. But on the hf website you can print coupons and take them to the store so I see no difference in this.

post-171-0-98937100-1360751829_thumb.jpg

squonk

Squonk, I was thinking hard on the lift table but was afraid it would be to wide for some of my tractors.

It does get the way a little but lifting it far outweighs the size of the table. It's not perfect. You have to take off the belt guard and brake guard first and use a jack to raise the tractor slightly to slide the table under. The table capacity was just enough to lift it. I wouldn't try it on a larger tractor but it's about perfect for the little round hoods.

Forest Road

If I had space for one I'd certainly have one!

Torino

Well I got it yesterday got it home and set it up. I used an engine hoist to get it out of the truck. What I thought I would do is put 3/4 plywood on top to the width I needed and go from there. It that is not strong enough I will see what I can do to support the part that will be hanging over the top of the lift. This way I can use it as a work table to. I am also thinking of extensions on the side also. Does anyone have a pic of how they install?

post-171-0-96932500-1360943712_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-17680100-1360943739_thumb.jpg

kpinnc

I built this one a while back. Works similar, but connects to the frame so the tractor can be completely dissassembled or built up from that. It drives around like a kids wagon, or can be towed.

muledrive319.jpg

Here's the build thread:

• Like 1

Torino

Wow that looks like it has a ton of good craftsmanship. I like the way you can wheel it around. Put one on there take it outside paint it and roll it back in to dry. I wished I would have learned to weld in school.

kpinnc

I wished I would have learned to weld in school.

Me too. As I have been told, that's why they make rotary weld-removal tools...

855ownerJoel

I love my lift. My back loves my lift. The ramps adjust side to side for width. I found this on CL in PA last summer. I have never seen another one like it. It appears to either factory made or by a true craftsman. Paid $300 and spent a weekend cleaning, sanding, and re-painting.

post-1626-0-29606200-1360192799_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-34147000-1360192901_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-06082100-1360193016_thumb.jp

If anyone is interested, here is a set of plans for a snowmobile lift. You can easily put a top on it and use it for a tractor. Looks very simple to build:

post-1626-0-26593300-1360193124_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-52305900-1360193139_thumb.jp

I also have a set of plans in PDF for a motorcycle lift which will work fine for a tractor. If anyone is interested I can email you them.

Spending the day in the shop making a lift similar to the one you purchased. Ordered up the ramps all bent and set up similar to your picture. Picked up the additional steel that I did not have around the shop. I am going to use a boat trailer crank set-up to lift the lift and lower it. Really cannot wait to use it!

sorekiwi

I'm betting that it would cost more than $299 to build one - although it appears you still need to spend a bit on the HF one to widen it a little.

henryswheelhorsegarage

i have a table with a ramp and small winch. better that nothing

kpinnc

i have a table with a ramp and small winch. better that nothing

Hey, when you can walk the day after working on your tractor- it's a winner no matter what! :)