dw753

1533 Bearings PACAMOR KUBAR BEARINGS... Lets get them back in production!!

Racinbob

Crap! I was reading this thread thinking it was new then I saw it was almost 3 years old. I guess nothing ever happened. :(

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 6

WHX??
3 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Crap! I was reading this thread thinking it was new

You & me both Bob ...you & me both...:(

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I saw it was from 2013...but thanks for the like Bob.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Took you long enough to like what I said. :banana-linedance:

• Like 3

Racinbob

Ummmm, I guess I just thing slow. But I'm getting better. Looky how fast I liked that post.:rolleyes::)

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

I still think the common measurements of this bearing should cause some manufacturer to reproduce these.  Even Toro can make money doing this.  

• Like 1

stevasaurus

They would rather sell you a knew tractor then let you buy an $80 bearing to keep your 60 year old Wheel Horse going.  :(

• Like 7

WHX??

Wishfull thinking Lane...the only way we could ever hope to see these  bearings again is if an OEM  decides to use them somehow in a mass production schedule.  Not likely to happen unless Steve taps his ruby slippers ..I mean wooden shoes...together three times and  even then it's a poke and a hope. It would take alot more than  us handfull  of addicts to get anybody to start producing them. Sorry but true....bean counters rule...:text-imsorry:....that was  a bad rhyme....

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Sad, but probably true Jim.   :)  Pay attention to the dates of these threads that get brought back up.  I know I got caught a couple of times.  Felt like Arron Rodgers when they lost to the Bears this year..   :ROTF:

• Like 3

squonk

Nightmares do come true on occasion! :rolleyes::)

• Like 3

diamondred

Just to add my 2 cents, talked with a friend that personally knows a bearing manufacturer to see if he would, or could tool-up to start making this bearing again. The manufacturer came back with this:  my buddy says :that bearing has been a very controversial bearing since it was made back in the late 30s he thinks , the problem with them is the ball itself is so small and covers such wide range of heavy applications from farm and garden tractors/equipment, low speed use it just can not hold up . They basically outlawed em based on being unable to get longevity out of em, so therefor were forced to produce them until anything with them being used in was well past warranty . he said he thinks they were forced to keep making them available for 15 years past the date of last pc of equipment sold using em . He will not make them ,and suggests adapting application to a more substantial brg based on your application ,even if it means having to go to oil light brass ?

• Like 2

Jim Slaaen

Saw this tread now, but I went to Pacamor-Kubar-Bearings (PKB) on facebook.com, and mentioned our need of the #1533 bearing. We can't give up

Edited by Jim Slaaen

WHX??

Interesting Jim that they say that a 1533 is to large for their machines to produce if I read that right. Excuse my ignorance but was Pacamor the OEM producer/supplier/vendor for Wheel Horse for the 1533?

What more intersting is what @diamondred posted above about it being a controversial bearing and they couldn't get longevity out of it. It seems like in today's manufacturing strategies in many products that's what they strive for. Big box cheapy tractors case in point, they can move more boxes faster like @stevasaurus said above.  That said one could reason someone would start making the 1533 again beacuse they won't last long and they can make/sell more.

The overruling factor with our beloved 1533 is tho that the demand for them is in the thousands instead of the hundreds of thousands or even millions and the larger volumes are what a bearing producer needs to tool up and make to turn a nickle. If they did it would cost us more for a 1533 than to have the case re-machined for a today's  common bearing. Not saying we should give up on our quest for the coveted 1533 but Vegas would love the odds against us! I'll go give your facebook post a like Jim.

:text-offtopic: but interesting trivia...In WW II during bombing raids plants that produced bearings were targeted more than plants that made tanks & planes! I guess they couldn't make tanks & planes without our 1533?!?!?!:lol: 

Hence the off topic emoticon with the smiley with a rifle and saluting!!

Edited by WHX61/3
  • Like 1