Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

2004 Simplicity Legacy XL Tractor ...27hp B&S diesel

B-8074

Does anyone know anything about these or have an option on them. Like the title says it's a Symplicity Legacy XL diesel 4x4. Comes with a front loader and counter weight, 60" hydraulic front blade, 60" deck, and a wide body cart with tube for grass collection. What do you guys think would be a fair price? For all I know it might be someone from red square selling it. Thanks in advance.

rmaynard

What are they asking for it? Do you have some pictures?

varosd

look on CL Pittsburgh area. they want $6,800 for the package

B-8074

That would be the one.

Challenger

How many hours on it? My first impression is the price is IN the ballpark.

73-18 automatic

i have a 2002 2wd with the diesel but the PO blew a head gasket and parts are expensive but they use the same transmission as the John Deere so I was told they are really bullet proof

Edited by 73-18 automatic

baerpath

This is the same one but not diesel for sale by me, sounds like that one could be a better deal

2005 27HP Simplicty Gas loader Tractor. 4 Wheel Drive. 900 hours. 60 inch mower deck, triple bagger, 48 inch bucket, box blade, york rake, 4 ft brush hog. $12,000

B-8074

I'm not sure what I want to do or even how big to go. I take care of a property that is just under 10 acres year round. It consists of 15 rentals and a three acre park. I do all the mowing and landscaping as well as snow removal of a 300 yard road. There is also a stream that runs they whole length of the property that requires maintenance of the bank for flood control. I'm finding need of a front loader and backhoe. I don't want to go any bigger than a bx size machine and I know I'll need a 4x4 but don't have a bx budget.

I also take care of several smaller properties. I'm using my C-175 and it has got the job done so far but it is starting to take its toll on the machine. It'll still be used for the smaller properties this summer but it's not gonna last very long if It keeps going a the pace is now.

Forest Road

I'd go for the kubota. The Simplicity won't hold a candle to a BX.

leeave96

The Legacy XL is a tractor I think is a good one. They have a tough transmission and the diesel engine I read is good too. I think Simplicity makes a good tractor, if it has a K71 tranny or better in it. My Dad has a Prestige and it is a very nice tractor. I've got an old iron Sovereign and while it's got engine troubles, I think it is a good tractor. There is a forum that is Simplicity specific and they can answer some of your questions. Here is the link:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7

Good luck,

Bill