Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

The workshack extension begins

BairleaFarm

Looking good. Hang in there your almost done.

pond195520032003

lookin good Ian just dont nail your self to the roof :banghead:

Stigian

Hi Guy's, sorry for the lack of updates its been a very busy week that has left me too tired to do anything much in the evenings and weekend :omg:

Work has moved on quite fast with the ol Workshack extension :banghead:

I will post a proper update as soon as i can :USA:

Roll on when it's finished, i want to get back to cutting and welding again :thumbs:

KyBlue

Thats alot of work that youve been putting into that extension, and its looking great!!

Stigian

Afternoon all, sorry for no updates for the past two weeks :D

It's been a couple of weeks of long hours, then getting in and eating normally followed by falling asleep in front of the tv :D

Must be getting too old for this building lark :D

Anyway... Onwards :USA:

Had a slight change of plan on the roofing front (er top), when i found that 1 layer of 11mm osb board was more than strong enough to hold up a portly chap like me :D

So the roof got trimmed to size and shape and felted :(

100_4482-1.jpg

With the missing window in place and a coat of brown stuff the extension was finally water tight :banana:

100_4531.jpg

Let's move inside shall we :omg:

Now the place is water tight, it was time to get a floor down.

A bit more digging was needed to get the pallets level :) But the pallets soon started to go down :D

Here's Garry fixing the pallets together with some of the big pile of off-cuts that were clogging up the place.

100_4521.jpg

I call this photo, "The leaning tower of Peter" :(

100_4504.jpg

Will the roof will stay up with the temporary prop taken down :lol:

100_4498.jpg

Yes is the answer :thumbs:

100_4499.jpg

Painting by numbers is old hat in this day and age, instead we floor by numbers :omg:

Why number the pallets you ask? As all the pallets had to be taken up to put tarp on the ground, the numbers showed us where and in which direction the pallets had to go back down :lol:

100_4538.jpg

You know all the sheets of osb we didn't use on the roof, well it wont be much of a surprise to find they went down on the floor instead.

100_4540.jpg

Would you believe that only 5 8x4 boards went down without any cutting!!

The rest had to be cut into pain in the 'orse shapes like this :banghead:

100_4548.jpg

KyBlue

Painful shapes is right! Hope you didnt cut that with a handsaw... Even with a power saw that still would make some people pull out their hair!!

BairleaFarm

Still Looks great. Are you getting excites about the extra room?

rustbucket

looking real good so far and good thing its water tight now. now you got places to put more mad inventions and scratch built implaments.

Stigian

Ta-Daa the finished floor :D

I must say :lol: to Garry, Pete and Rob for helping so much in getting the extension built. Cheers Guys :banghead:

100_4542.jpg

I had to have a short break from building to go and pay the rent (as you do), a nice day for a short drive :USA:

The Wheel Horse meets it's organic cousins.

DSC00489.jpg

Not being the sort of chap to miss a chance of a daft photo.........

I think this disc harrow might be a tad too much for the WH :D

DSC00490.jpg

Back to work after the short trip, putting up the internal wall between My WH parking area and Wifey's shed extension.

100_4554.jpg

Speaking of sheds.. The time had come to move Wifey's shed to it's new home.

Moving it was a lot more trouble this time, with 1 less person in the "moving crew", no duels on the 'orse and a lot wetter ground :D

In the end Garry pulled the shed on the Raider 10 while i pushed it with the 312-8.

Teamwork at it's best :omg:

I will post the second shed moving movie when it's been sliced, diced and edited, in the meantime here's some photo's.

DSC00815.jpg

Lots of hand winching was the only way to move the shed to it's final place. :(

DSC00821.jpg

But got it there in the end :thumbs:

100_4559.jpg

The workshack is now soo long it vanishes into the distance... Well, almost :(

100_4565.jpg

That's about it for this update guy's, other than... it's nice to have 2 of the herd stabled up in their new home :lol:

DSC00496.jpg

WH_Hobie

looking Good Ian yah must of had fun while it lasted good luck on 6x6x6 project

kj4kicks

Looks good Ian ! The horses look happy in their new home.

Funny how that worked out, that horses in both our herds got a new home within a day or two of each other!

bustedglass

Looks great Ian :thumbs: . Wish I had a workshack like that. I have everything in a little 10x12 metel shed. My little 215.5-5 (was a 211-3 until it needed a new engine and transaxle :omg: ), my yard tools, my mechanic tools, ladders, grandkids ride on toys, etc., etc.. The list goes on and on and on :USA: .

I don't know what I am going to do with the 414-8 project that I am starting with my neighbor :banghead: . It is sitting outside for now.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next vid :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: .

WheelHorse_of_course

:banghead: :USA::omg::D:thumbs::lol::lol::D:D

Ian,

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Glad it went so smoothly :(

:(

Stigian

Afternoon all, first things first, a few reply's :omg:

looking Good Ian yah must of had fun while it lasted good luck on 6x6x6 project

Thanks Nick R :thumbs: I have to say, Im not that fond of woodwork, or building for that matter, Im a metal work kinda Guy, more into sparks than sawdust :(

Project 6x6x6 should be interesting to build, cant wait to get on with it :lol:

Looks good Ian ! The horses look happy in their new home.

Funny how that worked out, that horses in both our herds got a new home within a day or two of each other!

Ta muchly Eldon, yes the herd do look a bit happier with more space to stretch out in their new home :USA:

I don't know what I am going to do with the 414-8 project that I am starting with my neighbor. It is sitting outside for now.

You could always post it off to me Mike, Im sure i can find some indoor space for it :(

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next vid

You've not long to wait :lol:

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Glad it went so smoothly

:D A few bits could of been smoother, but Im happy with the way it turned out.

Not a great deal has happened since my last update, mostly due to me being

:imstupid: and not listening to my body screaming at me to stop :banghead:

More on that in a mo..

So what has been happening then... Well painting mostly...

This is the wall between the extension and Wifey's workshop..

100_4622.jpg

Started painting the old external wall a much lighter shade than brown.

It should help lighten the place up a bit. :D

100_4621.jpg

And i made a start putting the double skinning on the back wall.

It's the panel on the left..

100_4623.jpg

Now onto why I have been :imstupid:

For some strange reason that Im not quite sure of, I thought it would a good idea to cut all the wood by hand despite owning a big circular saw :D

The end result is im sitting struggling to type this with one hand, due to my right arm being up in a sling :D

Yep, my right shoulder has finally had enough of my abuse and made it's point my rewarding me with the kind of pain that makes you stop what ever your doing and grasp the shoulder in agony.. :)

If it's not sorted itself out in a few days, id better make a trip to A&E to get it looked at...

Still, only got myself to blame :(

But the good news is.... You wont have to wait any longer for my next vid Mike :omg:

Click on the link to see the shed's return journey :D

Clicky shed return journey link thingy

kj4kicks

Great vid Ian, as usual !

Hope you feel better soon, so you can wander around the new place.

E.

Stigian

:USA: E. :banghead:

Fingers crossed my shoulder should be ok by Monday, so i can get the extension finished as soon as poss :omg:

Stigian

Good evening all, much to my shame i havn't updated this thread in quite a while :D

so it's about time i did :omg:

Quite a bit has been happening despite my shoulder still not being right, but ive never been one for sitting around doing nothing so work has been plodding on :D

The good news is the extension is almost finished, just a bit of painting to do and get some electrics sorted.

At the moment it's looking quite clean and tidy (it wont last for long :( ) with a swept floor and lots of bright white paint about the place.

100_4691.jpg

100_4692.jpg

100_4695.jpg

The pillar drill and tool chest are only in there while the main building part of my workshack gets a bit of a move around.... Speaking of which...

Ok, this isnt really part of the extension but i thought id add it in as it's workshack related :(

First on the move about/tidy up-ish list was to move project 6x6x6 out the way.

100_4635.jpg

With that out the way it was possable to drive the 312-8 with plow through the hole in the wall where the window used to live :thumbs:

100_4640.jpg

Ta-daa some space in the workshack.. It's been quite a few years since anyone has seen this wall empty :omg:

100_4648.jpg

I expect most of you guys have a box like this, full of odd bits of steel etc that will get used one day.

A handy box of bits to have, just very heavy to move :(

100_4649.jpg

Next job was to move this bench... this very very heavy bench..

A big :D to Garry for all you help once again :lol:

It was only when i looked at this pic that i noticed something has moved somewhere :banghead:

You see the strip of wood at the top of the bench splash-back :lol:

Well, the white paint on the wall used to line up with the top of the wooden strip :(

The floor has not sunk, as there is a 2ft thick slab of concrete under the floor boards.

And i cant see the bench legs compressing even under all the weight of the big red press and the heavy box of bits that lives on the bench shelf..

It's a bit of a :USA: er indeed.

100_4650.jpg

A rare sight this... Yep it's Me using a broom :D

DSC00862.jpg

Now you can see what that big thick board was for... It's the new slightly bigger top for the building bench. At 4ft wide and 80 inches long it should be big enough for project 6x6x6 :D

DSC00869.jpg

And last photo for now, It's Garry putting the first sign up in the extension :)

100_4646.jpg

T-Mo

Thanks, Ian, for the update. I hope your shoulder gets better. As having a torn rotator cuff myself this year, I know about how much a bum shoulder can hinder a person. The work shop looks great, btw. :banghead:

Stigian

:omg: Terry :banghead:

Not much has been happening to (or in for that matter) the workshack of late, but the bulk of the work has been done :lol:

Just need to do some more painting and get some lights sorted and the Shack will be just about done :USA:

A new longer heavy duty desk has been added and the all important :thumbs: making stuff has moved into the extension, but photo's of it have yet to be taken..

Instead here's a photo of a flag my Wife bought me to hang on the wall :lol:

DSC07441.jpg