Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Shipping tires??

mowerman1193

A couple years ago I bought a set of brand new 26 x 12 x 12 True Powers mounted on Brand New 10" John Deere Wheels, I bought them to put on my Deere 140-H3 just to make it look cool. Well I mounted them for a 15 minute spin around the yard and took them off due to it being fall and I had no tire chains big enough..

Anyway long story short they just sit in the corner of the garage taking up space. Not sure how to go about selling them as I always get the person that lives as far away from me as possible that wants something to be shipped, LOL So before I place ads I want to know what the best way to ship these tires is? Any idea what they weigh? think they are 4 ply but not sure..A good idea of cost would help too if anyone out there has been there done that recently.

A couple methods I have heard of are shrink wrapped and bolted together..Seems like bolted together would be too big and heavy??

Any Ideas,

Thanks,

Kevin

73-18 automatic

Shrink wrap amd Fedex was cheaper than UPS

hm12460

Kevin, a few years ago I shipped a pair of wheels and tires off of a John Deere 318 to North Dakota. Cost $80 by UPS. Bolted them together with 2 lengths of all thread and 4 nuts.

Sparky

A Seems like bolted together would be too big and heavy??

At least if they were bolted together you (or the buyer) wouldnt have to worry about one tire/rim getting "lost" in the mail.

I sent a pair of front rims and tires to Duff a few years back and I bolted them together and wrapped them in packing tape (no box), seemed to work fine. Of course they were no where as big as the ones your selling.

Mike.............

mowerman1193

Awesome! I knew someone here has been there done that with shipping tires/wheels. I like the idea of bolting them together but wasn't sure if it would make them too large.

Now I need to get out there and blow the 10lb's of dust off 'em and get some pictures and get them listed. Maybe I will be lucky and a local will buy them and pick them up, just never seems to happen for me though.

Kevin

oldredrider

I had some tires with rims shipped to me several years ago and the were just shrink wrapped really well; no bolts to add weight. Showed up in fine shape and I'm still running them today.

can whlvr

ive bought used stuff and got all 4 tires and rims along with some other goodies,pedals,gaurds,and the seller just put them in a box and taped good,ups shipped it from kentucky to ontario for about 100 bucks