1962 to 1964 (all models) specifications

TT

Had the scanner fired up today and thought this would be of assistance:

62to64specs_zps115df5bc.jpg

Full page from the manual:

62 to 64 tractor specs 001.bmp

• Like 5

littleredrider

I've seen that before, good info. Inless I'm stronger than I think I am, but doesn't seem my little ranger weighs 350lbs. I can grab ahold of the hitch and pick it up with one hand. Granted it's the butt end, but I think the 8-speeds weigh little more than 3-speeds, also with 18x8 Ags over the 4.8x8s....Interesting......

rustyoldjunk

Thanks for the post TT. I love tech pages and refreshers.Great info.

wp205a

I needed that, thanks

puddlejumper

Thats some allright Info, Kind of funny they stretched the hood on the 854 to clear the bigger aircleaner on the 8 horse and the overall length on the 64 models are a inch shorter than the earlier round hoods.whodathunkit. Kind makes me want to go line all of mine up and get a tape measure especially the width at front wheels, Never noticed a difference among mine before.

TT

Well Mitch........

The 1964 toolboxes have different fender mounts which possibly moved the rear fenders forward by the amount indicated on the above chart. The leading edge of the front tires stick out farther than the grille, so the extra length of hood on the 754/854 wouldn't matter.

I know there's differences between front track widths, but wasn't aware of the 1/4" difference between the '63 & '64 models. :confusion-shrug:

puddlejumper

Havent looked at mine yet, but since you brought it back up. Are the differences in the axle or spindles, or a combination of all the above from year to year.

TT

Without writing a book......

The 701, 32R&E, 502/552/702, 33R&E, and 603 models used the narrower axle beam with a flat steel tie rod connecting both spindles. A short drag link connected the tie rod to the lower steering shaft casting. This axle beam has no camber at the spindle bores and the spindles are bent at 90 degrees. It's basically the same axle beam as the 400/550/401/551 "Suburbans", but it's flipped upside down and has a relocated bolster pin hole.

The rest of round hoods had a wider, gradually-sloping axle beam with a few degrees of camber at the spindle bores, the spindles aren't quite 90 degrees at the bend, and an individual tie rod is used to connect the plate at the front of the lower steering shaft to each spindle. Although they resemble the 1965 & newer axle, they are narrower by (I'm guessing) about two inches.

The tractors with the early axle/steering design have a much larger turning radius than those with the newer axle/steering design.

TT

Early axle/steering:

62frontaxle.jpg

later design:

63frontaxle.jpg

• Like 1

puddlejumper

Yep, I knew that, Just didnt know I knew it. Just gotta get my tape measure and see if I can find the missing 1/4 inch from 63 to 64