Sign in to follow this  
Pilot101

What model is this tractor?

Pilot101

I need any info I can get on this Wheel Horse. I am going to go over it, get it running, fix a steering issue,etc. I have no idea what model it is. I do know the engine model is a H60. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

post-9356-0-48782800-1357873468_thumb.jp

post-9356-0-55643000-1357873493_thumb.jp

post-9356-0-58387900-1357873514_thumb.jp

post-9356-0-53384400-1357873536_thumb.jp

• Like 1

groundhog47

They list in Wheel Horse Years several units with H60, I know almost nothin' about the tractors but it lists a 63 Lawn Ranger with a H60. At any rate it is a very nice lookin' machine. I really like the looks of what I'll call a PARENT tractor. Some one will nail it on the head exactly though.

groundhog47

They list in Wheel Horse Years several units with H60, I know almost nothin' about the tractors but it lists a 63 Lawn Ranger with a H60. At any rate it is a very nice lookin' machine. I really like the looks of what I'll call a PARENT tractor. Some one will nail it on the head exactly though.

And my goodness, WELCOME TO RED SQUARE, almost forgot my manners.

jusjeepn

That is a 1961 551. Should be a 5.5hp techy from the factory.

groundhog47

I knew someone would nail it down. Here is something to help if you've not already found other information>go to manuals>misc...> and download for future reference.This site also has some good reference info: http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/tractor-brands/wheelhorse/wheelhorse-lawn-tractors.html
  • Like 1

whc160

:WRS: from another fellow Buckeye !

neil

Nice looking tractor, have fun with it , you wont regret buying it

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Nice looking tractor!

KATO

Very nice Welcome to RED SQUARE.

Pilot101

Thanks for all the welcomes to the forum. And a big thanks for all the info. It is nice to have such a great forum with enthusiastic members who offer priceless info, tips, and I'm sure at times.. Just words of encouragement..lol..

WheelHorse79

Welcome to Red Square! I now live in Richmond, VA but used to live down the road from you in Blanchester, Ohio.

:text-woo:

KC9KAS

:WRS: , and :text-thankyouyellow: for the pictures.

stevebo

I think the correct motor should be a 5.5 Lauson.

wallfish

Welcome

Nice clean 551. and looks to be a recent restore. Even though the original engine was replaced, the H60 is a very close match and even uses some of the same parts.

When you check the steering, inspect the gear teeth on the fan gear. It's a common issue for the teeth to be worn or broken. Sometimes the bolt that holds the tie rod on protrudes out of the hole too far and jams up the steering.

That's a newer style hitch on there and the original would have been a slot hitch

Looks like someone came up with their own style plug for the hood which holds the igntion key.

The rear fenders look like they are installed backwards or the wrong set of holes because they should sit down a little tighter to the tires.

Pilot101

Does anyone know the part number for needle and seat? I'm af a dealer and having trouble finding it.

• Like 1

krazy_horse

Does anyone know the part number for needle and seat? I'm af a dealer and having trouble finding it.

I bought my kit from a seller on Evel-bay. He has several Tecky kits for sale. I sent him a e-mail with my serial number and he sent correct kit. I do not remember his name but will try to find it. I think it cost $9.95. Nice tractor,I am sure you will enjoy! Edited by krazy_horse

KATO

If it is an H50 or H60 type H60 carb kit in E-BAY you will see one

Or on this link scroll down about half way http://www.psep.biz/store/tecumseh_carburetors.htm

Tecumseh number 632235 :handgestures-thumbupright:

speedyleedy

Welcome fellow ohioan to are great hobby of wheel horse tractor's ! You have a very nice 551 tractor there :handgestures-thumbupright:

Pilot101

I am looking for the throttle control for this engine. They had the throttle cable hooked directly to the governor lever. I've seen one type that bolts to the top of cylinder and another one which attaches to the starter/flywheel housing. Which one is correct or will work? And does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks all