nylyon

2013 - January Wheel Horse of the Month

nylyon

Enter your 2013 January Wheel Horse of the Month submission:

Winner: Jake Kuhn! Congratulations

• Like 1

neil

well here is my entry for January tractor of the month

It is my RJ35 which i bought from Mike Martino , i am currently waiting to have it shipped to UK , when i can gather some pennies together to send it on its long trip.

There will be only two Rj 35s in Uk one of which will be this one and the other which is owned by fellow member Chris Sutton.

I was delighted to be offered to buy this one from Mike Martino especially as we all know Mike from being the Author of Straight from the Horses Mouth , so it will make the tractor a special addition to my collection.

This is my 4th tractor that i have imported to UK now , the others being

my RJ58

551 suburban

and now my RJ35

Round hood tractors are so rare in UK that the only way of ever being able to own one of these great little machines was to have one shipped over from US , but unfortunetly due to the Wheelhorse addiction i had to have another , so now my current roundhood collection now stands at 9

DSC01471-1.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

Edited by neil
  • Like 8

bowtiebutler956

This :wh: of the month is a great idea, and I can see from the from the entries already listed, that competition is going to be tough! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Ken B

Here is my 1960 Suburban Hot Rod. She started out simply enough but has evolved into my absolute favorite tractor. Custom features are dual pipes, super fatties out back, foot control throttle with rev limiter, home made light bracket and an opening lid for the tool box to hide my goodies and the battery for the head lights. She is loud n proud and a little faster than stock.

IMG_0580.jpg

004-6.jpg

• Like 8

Ken B

My name is Cole and I am 10.. My dad is Ken B. I went with my dad to get this tractor from Charles. It had a Lawson motor on it but dad does not like them so we changed it. I helpd when I could but I mostly did all the cleaning. I wanted a foot throtle on my tractor and i wanted my tractor loud and fast and it is. Me and my dad ride our tractors alot! I wanted a tractor like my dads but I like mine better.

001-5.jpg

013-2.jpg

005-6.jpg

003-12.jpg

• Like 7

gcole

Hi guys I know it's not as pretty as The other tractors here but its mine. This is my 75 c-120 special. I bought this tractor January 30 2011 for $450 with a deck and snow plow with all my own money(in my opinion not bad for a kid in grade 8 at the time) but have since added alot more things to it it's my all time worker and if it's the last thing I do it will never leave my ownership. Things I've added are 23x10 carlile tru powers to the rear a ac1 muffler to many mechanical things to remember and this winter a it will get kohler 12 to replace the Honda clone

photo-3.jpgphoto-4.jpg

How it looked the first summer I had it with only the new rear tires

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

And how it looks now

image-19.jpg

And playing in the snow

• Like 2

Gene_S

Here is my entry for the tractor of the month. This tractor was a true "Basket Case" and took a lot of work to get it where it is today. My wife wanted a pink Wheel Horse but the only way I would do one is if the tractor was in really bad shape to start with and look what she found! The guy we bought it from wanted it for the 7 hp Kohler and didn't need the rest. We bought the tractor and brought it home and she took it all apart. Here are before and after pictures of the tractor and as you can see my little daughter is taking over the tractor from her mother! As most projects the tractors not 100% yet but will be soon!

:)

post-776-0-96305700-1358165480_thumb.jpg

post-776-0-44386400-1358165733_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gene_S
  • Like 3

horsesaver98

well i have a nomine my 654 has new short block and duals

post-6865-0-23359800-1358365417_thumb.jp

• Like 3

546cowboy

When I got this C-175 I really just wanted the engine for another one I had already refurbished. It was a 200+ mile trip one way but I was going to a show up there closer anyway. When I got it home you know how it is a guy just hates to see a horse just sitting there with nothing to do. This is the Zebra tractor before and after.

post-1334-0-30162100-1358425940_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-19273900-1358425968_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-74409800-1358425991_thumb.jp

• Like 2

nylyon

So let's make the cutoff for this Monday 1/21/13, then we'll have the voting.

liketoplayto

ok gonna try this again i found this 416h setting outside under a tarp guy was gonna scrap it because he said it had electrical issues was covered with wet leaves and debree that got under the tarp 3 flat tires so i bought it loaded it up and brought it home put new battery in it and in 20 minutes had it running after i by passed the safety switch on the pto so i then went down bought a 8.00 switch put it in and cleaned it from top to bottom new wax job and here it is oh yeah he said he bought a real tractor a john deere at lowes said these foreign tractors are junk hey just telling u what he told me here it is

post-4731-0-91238200-1358452391.jpg

post-4731-0-37322600-1358452434_thumb.jp

• Like 2

neil

come on guy n gals s lets have youir entries

• Like 1

Hammerhead

Here's one of my favorites! Factory original RJ58 with Front Cutter Bar! I bought it off an old timer and he said he'd have to have big money for it. I asked him how much we wanted and he said $75.00!! So I said I'd take it for that! Hehe! I loaded it up fast! It didn't have the Front Cutter Bar on it at that time. Keith

100_9227.jpg100_3406.jpg

• Like 7

wh1257

here is my tractor this is the 753 export model of 1963-1964 it is one that in the past the large pond is crossed I took him one year ago on an auction site I was quite surprised that something like this was for sale the is indeed the oldest horse in the collection after many inspanigen we found the wheel horse transport to belgium to come all the way from the south of france I think one of the best tractors that built them

LIVE THE ROUND HOOD!!

wheelhorse753withsicklebar004_zpsa8f7db0b.jpg

wheelhorse753withsicklebar002_zpse3d5dbe1.jpg

wheelhorse753withsicklebar001_zps1e7f555b.jpg

Edited by TT
repair image links
  • Like 6

nylyon

Let the voting begin!

stevasaurus

Seriously...how many times can we vote?? All of these horses have their own unique qualities...really tough to just pick one. Nice horses and great pictures guys...and to think of all the hours you guys have put in these. :bow-blue:

wp205a

I picked one, but I wouldn't cull any of them. Maybe if we could pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd? Probably still be hard. Great entries to all participants.

855ownerJoel

Not trying to jump ahead but, what about taking the winner of each month and vote on those for the top prize for the year? Kinda of the Grand Prize tractor of the year.

Amanda

Not trying to jump ahead but, what about taking the winner of each month and vote on those for the top prize for the year? Kinda of the Grand Prize tractor of the year.

I think that is a awesome idea!

JimmyJam

So many choices! :eusa-think:

woodbird007

Fantastic tractors. I have only attended a few shows (so far), but have been fortunate enough to have seen several in up close splendor!

Like the idea of tractor of the year! Hope to see more of these at shows this year.

Sign in to follow this