AMC RULES

I caught a break...

AMC RULES

...well, two of 'em actually...both, the tibia and fibula (broken, dislocated right ankle)...but, the break I caught was surviving my encounter with black ice this past Friday morning, on my way to work.

Coming down the mountain, I came around the last corner, and my truck instantaneously swapped ends, careened backwards off the center divider, back across both lanes of traffic, slammed into the mountain backwards, and barrel rolled three times back across both lanes of traffic, coming to rest against the center divider again...only facing uphill now, in the opposite direction.

Now the good part...while sitting there trying to regain my wits...I got to watch all the two lanes of traffic coming behind me, slamming on the brakes, hitting the same patch of black ice, trying to now avoid hitting me sitting there in the middle of the road. Needless to say, I feel, them being able to avoid hitting me head on, is Divine intervention, reason I'm alive today. So, I got a helicopter ride to the local trauma center that morning, and have been imobile on the couch ever since. Tomorrow, I have a follow up with the orthopedic surgeon to see if swelling has gone down enough for them to pin the bones back in place this Friday morning. The wife said it's pretty amazing what I'd go through to get a new truck.

post-3498-0-95337000-1357693527_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-80692500-1357693571_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-91346800-1357693686_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-83144400-1357693757_thumb.jp

Ken B

Holy crap Craig! Thank God you're okay!

• Like 2

bk-scouter

YES, thank god you are OK.... Glad you are able to tell us about it.

-BK

• Like 1

Sparky

Well that sucks! Sounds like you were very lucky to come out of it as well as you did.

Mike.................

AMC RULES

Not to mention, I then had to pull myself out the passenger side window, climb over the divider and hop across the other lanes to the shoulder to wait for first responders...scared the crap out of me seeing two lanes of headlights bearing down on me.

Edited by 2+2=4sixtwelve's

Jake Kuhn

WOW! VERY GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

jdog_kustoms

damn craig glad ur getting better

• Like 1

mowerman1193

Wow! Glad you made out ok, That sounds way to scary to me.I am sure I would have needed a new pair of underware, LOL

• Like 1

dclarke

Wow! Sounds like that could have been a lot worse Craig. That had to be a wild ride, glad to hear you're doin O K.

• Like 1

312Hydro

Glad your OK Craig! Will you be changing your name to reflect your experience? Can't wait to see what that might be! :ychain: But seriously that's one heck of a ride you described and I'm glad your here to tell it. Get well bud.

• Like 2

whc160

Sounds like one wild ride you had. Glad to hear you made it out OK !

• Like 1

chazm

Thank God you had a good co-pilot :pray:

• Like 1

73-18 automatic

thank God you are ok

• Like 1

Jeremy Watson

Glad your ok. Sounds like a very terrifying experience. I can't imagine having to drive on the road pictured in bad weather. Hope your recovery goes good.

Jeremy

• Like 1

roscoemi

Glad to know you survived ok and nothing life threatining going on. My Dad rolled his truck a couple months ago in the rain and had just a bruise, at 75 yrs young. That was a concerning call as he just left my place. A couple gallons of bondo will fix the truck good as new! :ychain:

• Like 2

squonk

Wow Craig, sure are glad you'll be ok. We had black ice here the other morning too I was going slow and had a lot of guys behind me blowing horns ect.

they started passing me and next thing you know they are in the cornfield. I'm surprised your truck looks as good as it does. I hit black ice about 20 yrs. ago Someone was draining their basement onto a road and it froze. Hit it and slid across the road into a ditch. I had big mudders on an 85 Toyota PU 4x4 and they flung me out of the ditch and I went end over end 4 times. Got a tiny cut on 1 finger.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

squonk

On a positive note.You'll have time to get that post count up to a respectable level! :) :ychain:

• Like 2

Kelly

Glad your ok, so will your post count be going up with all the free time?? :ychain:

• Like 1

JimmyJam

Glad to hear you are okay after going thru all that. Get well soon!

• Like 1

6wheeler

Black ice Huh? I don't see any "black ice" in those pictures. I see through your little scheme. New pickup AND a helicopter ride. Your wife is not so far off, is she? :ychain: :ychain: . I hope you get through it all well. Black Ice is a pretty common problem here where it will be 35 degrees today and fall to 10 degrees tonight. So we keep our skates on all winter long. You know. If that had been an AMC/Jeep pickup you were driving at the time, you coulda just drove up the mountain and turned around half way and came back down.... Un-scathed :laughing-rolling::ROTF: . Good luck to ya.

• Like 1

Lars

Dang Craig.... :eek:

Good you're okay!

• Like 1

massey

Glad to hear you're OK........... for the most part...... :ychain:

Anyway, hope the recovery is full and swift and you don't get too bored.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Dang Craig, I'm glad your still with us! :scared-eek: You'll be in mine, and my families prayers.

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Arrived at my my 10 am follow up...found they rescheduled me for noon.

855ownerJoel

Hope you get well soon. "LUCKY"......... On the other side after getting the new truck, could you convince her that another Wheel Horse would help ease the pain/trauma even more? Hope all goes well in your recovery, sounds like you have a bit to go through yet.

• Like 1