Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Got a short frame plow ready

Kelly

I had a pretty clean short frame plow frame for a few years, I got it in a load of stuff I bought, I also picked up a pretty nice early vert shaft plow a few years ago, but I have never sold any of them, so I pull parts off them, the plow head is the same as a regular 42" plow, same with the pivot and springs, I also needed a angle handle, and had one I pulled off a junk plow a while back, I've been wanting to put a plow on my little worker round hood, so today I took time off the diesel project to clean up the plow and get it ready to put back in service, I brought everything in the shop to clean it up, I took it all apart and washed it then wiped it down with WD-40 I know some of you don't like that, but it helps keep rust at bay, and shines it up, I wipe it down after it sets a while so it does not have a heavy oil feel to it, and I didn't want to paint this one right now I have to much going on, I did pull the cutting edge off and flip it, I also cleaned and sprayed it with some black paint I had handy, I also put some anti seize on everything that moved, and the shafts that hold the springs on, I had to make up a wire for the release handle it was missing, but the vert shaft blade came to the rescue again they use a long wire that can be trimmed to size, I had about a hour in to cleaning and getting it back together, tomorrow I'll get it on the tractor, I need to see if it will fit with the tombstone weight on the front?? I hope it will. No action shots only all done, still needs a final wipe down to get the extra WD off it but it is all done, not bad for a bunch of parts, even all orig. paint.

post-85-0-17266000-1357432496_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-57173800-1357432749_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-81131600-1357432913_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Whmaverick

Hey, Kelly that blade looks great, I was wondering though what is ment by "verticle shaft"

varosd

Hey, Kelly that blade looks great, I was wondering though what is ment by "verticle shaft"

vertical shaft refers to the engine crankshaft orientation..... as opposed to the more desired horizontal shaft.

Kelly love the solid link for down pressure.

Sparky

Nice! So what "Round Hood worker" are you refering to?

Mike............

Gene_S

Nice short frame plow Kelly!

After reading all that, sure glad it wasn't a long frame! Lol

Kelly

Mike, this is the tractor it's going on, I'm headed out in a bit to install it, like I said I hope it fits with the tombstone weight I have on it now.

Gene I know a short frame plow from a long frame at least I hope I do :ychain:

jusjeepn

Looks like a new one! I might be interested in that vert plow frame!

Kelly

Pat send me a PM I have a few of the vert shaft frames, these are the old style ones, I have lift links also for them, I'll make you a VERY good deal on them.

Kelly

Got it mounted and tried it out, not much snow here, but enough to play in, it clears the front weight with tons of room, and with the solid lift link I can pick the front tires about 3/4" off the ground, and it still lifts the blade about 6" up off the ground.

post-85-0-35707800-1357490154_thumb.jpg

More pics in this post

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/3-wheel-horse-tractors/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__30

• Like 3

KC9KAS

:text-coolphotos: That is a very nice looking snow pusher.

chris hall

i would like to find a plow for my 657 .i have one for my b80.

woodbird007

Have you tried the B 80 plow( shorter 4 speed?) on the 657?

Got it mounted and tried it out, not much snow here, but enough to play in, it clears the front weight with tons of room, and with the solid lift link I can pick the front tires about 3/4" off the ground, and it still lifts the blade about 6" up off the ground.

post-85-0-35707800-1357490154_thumb.jpg

More pics in this post

http://www.wheelhors...er__all__st__30

I sure do like that LITTLE WORKER!