Sign in to follow this  
xring1

417A safety switch location??

xring1

I was blowing snow the other day and parked the tractor. Yesterday I went to start it and starter does not run. Battery is ok and power to system The seat safety has been bypassed for a long time as well as the pto switch. I think now I have a problem with the (neutral ?) safety switch that works on the brake/shifter.

I need to know where that switch is located and if the circuit has to be opened or closed to engage starter

855ownerJoel

Cannot help you with where that switch is. You said you have power to system? Do you mean even to the starter? If so a light tap with hammer on starter while turning switch will tell you if you have a bad spot in the starter.

xring1

I was blowing snow the other day and parked the tractor. Yesterday I went to start it and starter does not run. Battery is ok and power to system The seat safety has been bypassed for a long time as well as the pto switch. I think now I have a problem with the (neutral ?) safety switch that works on the brake/shifter.

I need to know where that switch is located and if the circuit has to be opened or closed to engage starter

The switch where ever it is was froze as i suspected. Covered and heated the tractor and starter ran. still need to locate the switch to eliminate any further problems

Sparky

I'm pretty sure the switch is under the drive belt guard. There is an idler pulley for tension on the hydro drive belt and the pullet has a tab which pushes a switch. I think you can access the wiring for the switch by removing the metal plate (where the manual shift lever would be if your tractor was an 8 speed).

Its #8 on this diagram, unfortunatley it does not show a location.

post-2-0-36226700-1356911012_thumb.gif

Mike...........

smoreau

Take the center council cover off and you will find it on the right side under the motion control lever. most of them are bypassed shortly after they were bought as the were a issue on most of them. Bad design IMHO. Both of mine were eliminated before I got them. At one time I got a new switch, and shortly after I installed it, it started to act up. so it was eliminated again.

xring1

Take the center council cover off and you will find it on the right side under the motion control lever. most of them are bypassed shortly after they were bought as the were a issue on most of them. Bad design IMHO. Both of mine were eliminated before I got them. At one time I got a new switch, and shortly after I installed it, it started to act up. so it was eliminated again.

Does the circuit have to be open or closed to operate ? I know seat safety has to be open and pto safety has to be closed

smoreau

wire them together. It runs from the solenoid, to the clutch switch, then to the pto.

toolmaker40

the switch is under the drive belt gaurd i just replaced my drive belt last week. when you push clutch in it pushes switch in.

if you bypass it can start in gear, mine is that way