Lane Ranger

Lawn Ranger Snowplow/Dozer Blade Part #5868

Lane Ranger

100_9443.jpg

I am posting a couple photos and a drawing of the Lawn Ranger Snow plow/dozer blade part #5868, the upper assembly link. This link attaches to the front holw of the Lawn Ranger lift lever assembly (rock shaft) and secures with a hairpin cotter or push pin.

Take a good look at the Dozer Blade Parts List and Instructions ( BDR-385 or 6-3111) for the way directions to install part #5868. As I have said before on Red Square the quality of steel uses for the two Lawn Ranger snowplow/dozer blade lift assembly pieces is not the best.

100_1256.jpg

These are prone to bending when you hit something hard or at an angle. I have often seen the longer lift assmbly piece (Part #5867) strengthened with an additonal piece or steel or rod welded to it to prevent bending.

In my case, my dad made two replacement pieces for one of my Lawn Rangers out of a stonger quality steel.

Here are the photos :

102_0266.jpg

102_0264.jpg

Here are two Drawings of Part #5868:

102_0263.jpg

WHPart58680001.jpg

I hope this will help Red Square members with their efforts to use their snowplows on these great little tractors!!

• Like 3

Lyman1234

Hi. Do you know anyone making these. Thanks. 

slammer302

That is sum good info i was thinking about using one of my lawn rangers this year for snow removal now i may make a new lift assembly from 1/4" stainless or 5/16" mild steel to beef it up.

• Like 1

Lyman1234

Make me one lol