Sign in to follow this  
GreenMntRanger

Snow Blower Question

GreenMntRanger

Will a 1993 WH 42" Blower fit a Mid 80's 400 series (414-8 specifically) ? Cant seem to locate the interchangeability chart

Thanks

GMR

varosd

yes, make sure it is for the horizontal shaft engines. vertical engine attachments won't work except with major modifications.

GreenMntRanger

am I missing something on the chart? I go to the 1993 chart and cant seem to find the 414-x model listed? oh yeah, is 175.00 a fare price for a 42" blower , complete and in better than good shape from the pictures?

3m73mf3j55n45f65j7cb324.jpg

GreenMntRanger

414-8 was built 1986-1989.

Enter the 414-8 here

https://lookup3.toro...fm?xCaller=Toro

Garry

The above site states only what accessories were available for a given model year. As such, it states that the 06-42ST05 snowblower attachment fits the 414-8 but does not give interchangeability. So,

the 93 snowblower attachment model # is 06-42SB07. How does this compare to the 06-42SB05?

My head hurts :banghead:

varosd

you mean model 06-42ST07 42" Snowthrower not SB. yes it will fit and good price as it has the tall chute and worm gear chute rotation and replaceable wear blade :D those were the only major improvements over the yrs

GreenMntRanger

Thanks Don...calling the guy back tonight

can whlvr

seems like a great deal

Kelly

That is a very good deal, the tall shoots bring $300 to 500 and they have greasable bearings unlike the early models.

varosd

Any luck!!!??? :confusion-waiting:

GreenMntRanger

Any luck!!!??? :confusion-waiting:

Sorry Don, The last week got away from me...holiday rush and all. Yeah, I got it. Talked the guy down to 155.00 and came with a spare NOS belt :music-deathmetal:. Had to let it sit a few days, but saturday night me and a buddy mounted it and fired it up...runs great....and it dosnt look like its been used more than a few times. Guy I got it from claimed he only used it twice, then got a plow for his truck. If we get half the snow tonight/tomorrow they are predicting (10-15 inches total) , she'll get a good christening. Thanks again for the help

GMR

I'll see if I can post some action picts tomorrow night

• Like 1

Kelly

You basicly stole it, that is a $400 blower all day, and with snow on the ground it would be a fast sale.

Duff

GMR, ya better not let me know where in the Champlain Valley yer hidin', cuz I might justa hafta jump the river and come west lookin' fer that thar beeyooteeful unit! :ychain:

Duff :thumbs:

varosd

:D good snag!

GreenMntRanger

Problems with my tractor. Will start, but will not stay running at full power unless choke is pulled about half way out. If she stalls, she wont shart but she'll sputter and backfire. Thought it might be water in the fuel so I put in a small amount of dry gas with little change.

got a buddy who does small engins for a living looking at it this weekend.

BUT while she was running did she throw the snow!!!! best buck fifty five I ever spent

Kelly

Sounds like the carb needs cleaned, some times a quick fix is remove the needle on top of the carb, the brass screw, be careful don't bend it it is long, spray a shot of carb cleaner down the hole it came out of, and spray the little holes out in the needle, watch your face when doing all this, then screw the needle back in till it lightly stops, then back it out 1.5 to 2 turns it should run at that point, then when running full throttle slowly turn the screw in or out till you get the highest and smoothest running , now you have just dialed the high speed setting in on the carb, at idle you can turn the brass screw sticking out on the side at a angle and adjust the low speed.

All this means nothing if you have a nonadjustable Walbro carb.

bploof

Guy had one on CL for free ! ! ! ? AD said come & get it works great / or you can use it for abstract art . I called & missed it by seconds :..( ..

Great grab @ that $ ...