Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDO1

paint (rustolium paint)

COMMANDO1

???? has anyone ever tried rustolium appliance paint for wheel horses? i used some on my stove, and it seems to dry pretty hard.

Tankman

Haven't tried appliance paint but, plenty of RustOleum Regal Red and Gloss Black. Works fine for me. :)

Duplicolor Wheel Paint (auto parts store), Silver, works on my two 400 wheels. Fine.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yep, an oldie...but definitely a goodie. :handgestures-thumbsup:

post-3498-0-80021700-1355502895_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-27278700-1355502918_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Trouty56

I use appliance paint on the wheels...fills the rust marks cause it is thicker. The selection is minimal though where I buy it...white, almond and black.....

COMMANDO1

YUP THATS IT........ THINK ILL TRY THE BLACK.

KC9KAS

I used Rustoluem Almond, but not the one for appliances...Maybe next time.

tommyg

It does take forever to dry. So make sure you're not in a hurry. I wish they made it in their Regal Red. But since it is appliance paint, I would imagine that would make for a pretty interesting refrigerator.

Trouty56

It doesn't take too long but it is longer than regular spray paint. Small parts can be baked in the oven for a couple hours at 200o to speed the process. Wheels fit nicely in the oven I use.

JimmyJam

Does the "Almond" color look close to the off-white for rims?

Don1977

Almond is the factory wheel color.

855ownerJoel

It does take forever to dry. So make sure you're not in a hurry. I wish they made it in their Regal Red. But since it is appliance paint, I would imagine that would make for a pretty interesting refrigerator.

Stop it my refrig is regal read.

855ownerJoel

Do you think if I picked up about 30 of those Buddy heaters I could get my garage up to 200 degrees?

It doesn't take too long but it is longer than regular spray paint. Small parts can be baked in the oven for a couple hours at 200o to speed the process. Wheels fit nicely in the oven I use.

• Like 1

Kevbo

Haven't tried appliance paint but, plenty of RustOleum Regal Red and Gloss Black. Works fine for me. :)

Duplicolor Wheel Paint (auto parts store), Silver, works on my two 400 wheels. Fine.

:text-yeahthat:

Trouty56

Do you think if I picked up about 30 of those Buddy heaters I could get my garage up to 200 degrees?

LOL....maybe.....try it....

Alan_Heist

Make sure the wife won't be home for a couple hours if you go this route :angry-nono: ... and air the house out well afterward... hehehe :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: