Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

A Date Which Will Live in Infamy

AMC RULES

Thank you Karl. :flags-waveusa:

Rooster

Thanks for the story Karl.

May we all remember the most tragic lesson learned that day. If we don't take the fight to them, they will bring it to us!

God bless all who gave.

• Like 1

whfan74

Karl,

I have had the unique opportunity to attend the memorial as well. It is powerful, moving, and intense all at the same time. So many times we forget to pass on that very important history to our younger generations.

While my father is a veteran of the U.S. Navy, I purchased a flag that was flown over the memorial with a certificate of authenticity. He now has that flag proudly displayed in his shadow box of medals.

• Like 2

bk-scouter

Thanks for sharing Karl. :flags-waveusa:

-BK

nylyon
If you are a past or present member of the armed services and do not have your insignia assigned to your profile, click the above link and give us your information and thank you for serving!

stevasaurus

Great movies on AMC all day today. Always good to remember a day that should never be forgotten.

Thanks for sharing that Karl...water in my eyes.

Sparky

I work at Pearl Harbor a few times a year and there is an area that civilians cant get to that was where the fighter planes were parked. There are still tie down "cleats" in the concrete. You can the the strafe marks (spelling?) in the concrete where the Japanese fighters were firing on the parked planes. Its a historical spot and no construction, demolition or modifications can be made.

It's a very moving experience to put your hand on the bullett marks in the concrete.

Mike..........

• Like 1