mnWHfan

Sears FF20 restoration in progress

73-18 automatic

Awesome looks really good

mnWHfan

Guys,

I am still trying to locate a couple of body parts for this tractor, but they are hard to come by in this part of the country.  It looks like most of the stuff that comes up is in the Northeast.  The parts that I need are the hood, the headlights, the grill, and the left-side engine cover (as seen from the driver's seat).  This tractor is an FF series tractor that they made in 18, 20, and 24 hp models.  I believe that all of the parts that I am looking for are interchangable.  I am willing to pay the shipping and also something for the effort if you are able to locate these parts, package them, and ship them.  I am trying to finish this tractor early this summer, but I need these parts to do this.  Please help.

Thanks,

Dennis

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Got any pics of it next to a wheel horse?  That's when you can really get an idea as to the size of those beasts.  I've grown fond of the older Sears tractors.  They've got tons of attachments and are relatively easy to find still in operation.

Wheel-N-It

I am happy to keep my eyes open for some parts for your project but I cannot remember ever seeing one of these here in NC. I will make a few phone calls to see if I can come up with something.

mnWHfan

Here are the completed photos.  I'm still missing one of the side covers, so I left the other side off for now.

post-1887-0-25276100-1414468385_thumb.jppost-1887-0-73824000-1414468429_thumb.jppost-1887-0-50731800-1414468572_thumb.jp

Edited by mnWHfan
  • Like 1

CasualObserver

Dennis, that came out really nice! :thumbs:

RMCIII

Denis, looks great... You still missing parts? Cleveland had a complete FF20 for sale not long ago... Maybe would make a good parts tractor.

Rob

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:     WOW!      :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Some gorgeous work there...  

Aldon

Very well done!

mnWHfan

Rob,

I still need the side cover that goes on the left side if you are sitting in the seat.  What did Cleveland have for attachments?

Dennis

post-1887-0-87419200-1414547800_thumb.jp

post-1887-0-53763200-1414547864_thumb.jp

post-1887-0-38279700-1414547891_thumb.jp

post-1887-0-89968800-1414547920_thumb.jp

post-1887-0-79672200-1414547949_thumb.jp

post-1887-0-86670700-1414547983_thumb.jp

post-1887-0-64479800-1414548009_thumb.jp

RMCIII

It had the snowplow..... I looked yesterday, but could not find it anymore. 2 things may have happened, someone bought it, or he took it off CL for a while, because he did have it did have a decent price on it. I wonder, what that would look like painted WH red???

Rob

RMCIII

This will probably get celeted, but I have never seen anyone on here, post any photos of a tractor like this.... Not trying to hijack your thread Dennis... But since it is a Sears..

Links to Craigslist are not allowed

Rob

RMCIII

Jest sent a PM to you Dennis.....

mnWHfan

My other tractors are Wheel Horses, but this Sears one was a tractor that I did for a friend.  It was just too cool of a tractor to let it go to a dump.  Everything was done on this tractor, so it is basically a new tractor.

RMCIII

How many hours total do you think you had into the project?

Rob

stevasaurus

Very nice Dennis...and great pictures mate.  :)

Jake Kuhn

Very nice job on the restoration of this. Looks great! 

elliot ness

Great start to a nice big machine! :woohoo: 

mnWHfan

Rob,

If I stacked all of mine time together, then it probably took a month or two.  It spread out over 3 years because I had to hunt for some of the parts and try to find time between the family, work, and the cold garage during the winter.  I was fun though because this was the first Onan that I rebuilt and also the first Eaton hydrostatic and Peerless two speed rear end.  This tractor was built like a tank and it was just too cool to see it go to waste.

Dennis

• Like 1

multihobbyguy

I like the look of your tractor. It sit well and looks awesome. I think you did a spectacular job!

rick

Very nice restoration!