Sign in to follow this  
BadDad

New to me Truck

BadDad

Well we have some very nice old pickup trucks down here in Texas, & I have been looking for one that I could fix up. I found this one but it really doesn

HorseFixer

Nice lookin truck there Dad! B)

Duke

Nick

BadDad, Nice looking truck. We had a 1973 Mercury Montego about the same color. Have you noticed the last few years that the copper paint colors have been coming back.

Off topic, but I keep meaning to email that I didnt have that 800 special engine after all. B) Transmission is the only thing I had left. Never trust my memory. :whistle:

T-Mo

Nice looking Chevy truck. Clean and straight for that vintage year. You wouldn't find too many trucks from that era without rust up here. B)

KyBlue

Lookin Good! Pretty nice lookin for sure

dieselhorse

Nice old Chevy, here is my miricle rust belt truck, 99.9% rust free 84 GMC heavy half ton diesel. Even the interior is almost perfect, cruise still works. She has not had any restoration done, only damage are some hail dents when the old guy that owned it got caught in a storm with no shelter. She does have a new custom reflective WH plate on the front now. Cheers Mike

000_1693.jpg

000_1694.jpg

000_1692.jpg

000_1695.jpg

KyBlue

Gotta love the diesel powered trucks!! I didnt know detroit made the diesels for Chebby thou ... LEarn something new everyday!

HorseFixer

Nice old Chevy, here is my miricle rust belt truck, 99.9% rust free 84 GMC heavy half ton diesel. Even the interior is almost perfect, cruise still works. She has not had any restoration done, only damage are some hail dents when the old guy that owned it got caught in a storm with no shelter. She does have a new custom reflective WH plate on the front now. Cheers Mike

Nice looking truck mike! Now all ya need is a vintage 8 track tape player! B)

Duke

dieselhorse

The 6.2L and 6.5L diesels were designed by Detroit Diesel for GM, but GM actualy did the production after the intitial design work. Just like the Duramax is a joint GM/Iszuz project. May still think the 6.2L was a gas conversion. That was only the 5.7L Olds 350 diesel conversion and the 4.3L baby diesel. The 6.2L was born and bred a light duty diesel by Detroit, ment as a less fuel thirsty replacment for the 305 small block. I just had my painted the color it should have been in the first place. GM painted them red in the first year or so, then black after that, sometimes with blue valve covers. Cheers Mike

nylyon

I may be incorrect here, but wasn't Detroit Diesel a GM company until recently? I'm pretty sure that the engine in that pickup is a GM Detroit diesel. I thought that GM spun them off in the late 90's?

Question, is that a 2-cycle diesel?