Sign in to follow this  
hodge

Who went to church?

hodge

B) How many of you folks went to church today, and can you recall what the sermon was about?

Our sermon was out of Mark 2:1-12, where Jesus heals the paralytic man. Long story short, don't be discouraged by obstacles when you need to reach Jesus.

BairleaFarm

B) i couldnt tell you the last time I was in a church.

T-Mo

I always go to church on Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Tuesday evening. It's one thing I believe in 100%. I know there will some here who don't go and some who do. What's important is what James said, "Don't be just hearers of the word, but be ye doers also."

I wish everyone would attend church some where, but I know that's not going to be the case. But statistics show that about 90-95% claimed to be Christians here in the US. So I'm not going to judge who's going are or not. Them and God knows. B)

Teddy da Bear

My wife and I went to church this morning.

I know the scripture reading was Mathew...13:31-33, 44-52.

It was an account of Jesus comparing a mustard seed.....and how it parellels things in life. Message was that no matter how small the gesture....it could have big results. So do not think what you do as worthless.....it could mean a lot to someone else.

linen beige

My wife and I went to church this morning.

I know the scripture reading was Mathew...but I do not recall chapter and verse.

It was an account of Jesus comparing a mustard seed.....and how it parellels things in life. Message was that no matter how small the gesture....it could have big results. So do not think what you do as worthless.....it could mean a lot to someone else.

Lutheran? Same reading as our service this morning.

Teddy da Bear

Close! We're Presbyterian.

Duff

I confess I haven't been to church in some time, but I do pray morning and night, read the Bible for instruction and inspiration, and try to live a decent Christian life guided by the 10 Commandments.

My moment of epiphany happened in February of 1983 when, with an almost empty fifth of Jack Daniels in one hand and loaded .357 in the other pointed at my head, I heard a quiet voice inside telling me there was a better way to live. I literally crawled into a treatment facility and, through the grace of a Higher Power whom I choose to call God, rose into a new life. March 1 of this year I celebrated 25 years of sobriety thanks to His love and support.

My wife is Catholic; I'm Methodist. We do attend church occasionally - but not as often as we should.

Best wishes always,

Duff B)

KyBlue

I havent been to church since I was knee high to a grasshopper as the saying goes... Had it crammed down my throat whenI was younger, and then had some not so good experiences in church..

While I dont goto church, I do spent time reading from the bible, say a few prayers, and try and treat others as I wanna be treated...

linen beige

Close! We're Presbyterian.

Wow! I'm Presbyterian, but the wife's Lutheran and I work a few hours a week as the church Sexton.

HorseFixer

I went to Bedside Baptist Church this morning. :whistle: Yeah I shoulda been in church but had too much going on! B)

Duke

BadDad

Wife & I went to Church & preacher talk about always having what you need. St. Matthew 15-29. I have a three old grandson who likes to look @ hitches on pickup trucks in the parking lot after church, wouldn

Teddy da Bear

Looks like 3 of us were listening to Mathew Sunday morning.

Duff......thank the Lord. He was keeping a close eye on you!

And now you are here with us and we are very grateful.

And Duff, your acting out the Gospel of Mathew that I wrote about above.

You are making a difference right here! Even though the gesture may

be small (you helping us with our horse problems & questions). The results are very large. You are making a lot of people happy in sharing this hobby.

And as time goes by we will remember your gesture. B)

sorekiwi

Sorry, a rant that shouldnt have happened.

mailman

Went to church yesterday morning. Having an almost 2 year old with us made being attentive difficult. But we love going and being close to God and we love the feeling afterwards. Our religious life comes first in our family and we would be lost without it.

Hey BadDad, my son does the same and yells out loud "hitch" everytime he sees one. It's the greatest! He is constantly trying to hook up things to the tractor. You name it, he tries to "connect" it. It's pretty embarrassing to be mowing the lawn with cars going by for about an hour with a grease gun dragging off the hitch. B) Only those with kids would know whats up.

jerrell

:whistle: i haven't been in a church since i came back from VN,67 i am sorry to say that...however i do say a prayer every night, i ask for a blessing for my 10 year old son, my wife, and my daughgter, i am 67 years old, and have expierenced god's graceness/// i served 3 tours in nam, shot down 2 times in an helicopteri crashed my own airplane and lived thru it all ,,(even rode some wild red horses) ,if god had not been with me i would have been dead a long time ago ,with age comes wisdom,,so they say,,i can't say i am any more of a christian than anyone else , but throughout my life i have always thought about how we as human species got to where we are today, all the wonders of life, especially that of a new birth and how we get along with each other and how we don't...,,could we have done this without a god,,,,,,,i don't think so,, just my other2 cents B) one last word, it makes me feel really good to see such frank talk as the above posts, //////a lot of people believe that god is dead..........

hodge

Agreed, Jerrell. While I love Wheel Horses, and I value relationships very highly (and it always amazes me how friendships can be born, on a forum, even though you may never meet), but my identity is first in Christ, and I am blessed when I can communicate and fellowship with other believers. Needless to say, people sharing their faith with others here just makes this forum that much more special and unique, in a world that doesn't usually tolerate Christians very much.

God's many blessings to you all. B)

Electro12WH

Yes, I went to church yest.(Luth.) All of this sharing may engender questions from other members. If so feel free to e-mail me or one of the others. No pressure!

Rod(NASNUT)

Yes My wife and I and my son go every Sunday we are Methodist I live next door so if I do not come the pastor will come over and get me. I think it is great to know so many of you go I love this forum. May God bless you all.

Teddy da Bear
It's pretty embarrassing to be mowing the lawn with cars going by for about an hour with a grease gun dragging off the hitch.
Not as embarrasing as backing up over that grease gun while mowing! B)