Sign in to follow this  
welderman85

the secret to finding tractors

welderman85

i think i have it figured out. i have 5 wheelhorses and my wife said nomore for a while untill i get the baby stuff done and my son is born. Two days after that i found a 704 hiding under a blanket of pine needles behind a barn 3 houses down from me. it was free so the wife said ok then i went to the scrap yard looking for a wheel for my 211-5 i found aa lt 1136 complete with deck and another small wheelhorse. then i got talking to the guy that works there and he says he has a round hood for he will sell for 50.00. so i went to check it out and bought it. all this in two weeks or so if you want to find tractors have your wife no more tractors

• Like 1

Kelly

Good for you, I've found I quit looking for them a while back, now they find me.

Ken B

When it comes to dealing with my wife and the tractors we follow the don't ask don't tell policy. She don't ask, I don't ASK or TELL. I don't let on to how many I have, they all look the same to her. In all honesty though I don't like to have to much more than a half dozen of them at one time. If I don't have enough room in the garage or as a last resort, the 12x20 tent then I am outta room. I refuse to leave them outside without cover. Now, if I had some acreage and a big barn things could get outta control.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

For me, the :wh: chase is a big part of the fun.

• Like 1

glgrumpy

Shop gets full, then use the house garage! New car will last long time out in weather now days! My problem is winter comes, gotta clean out half the house garage to fit wife's car. THEN, cram, lift, fit, squeeze alll your stuff together in shop and get them all in there! Can't work in there, but HAVE them at least. When warm, can work outside still for awhile. I pretty much shut-down shop in cold months. Right now working on one in tiny spot next to my toolboxes. Sanding Blast and Paint don't get done there or would be all over the place. I have found a good stripper now that can blast for me. Now just Where to paint?? Let's see a little plastic around the walls and floors , (just down in the family room) and open window for awhile......Yeah, that should DO it! Divorce starts next day! Ha! :roll: :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

groundhog47

Good for you, I've found I quit looking for them a while back, now they find me.

Kelly, you are just lucky and well known, but we thank you for parts you share. Gerry

midnight rambler

craigslist early am. they tend to jump on my wagon, kinda like a deer in rut they just jump out in front of you.

Tankman

When it comes to dealing with my wife and the tractors we follow the don't ask don't tell policy. She don't ask, I don't ASK or TELL. I don't let on to how many I have, they all look the same to her. In all honesty though I don't like to have to much more than a half dozen of them at one time. If I don't have enough room in the garage or as a last resort, the 12x20 tent then I am outta room. I refuse to leave them outside without cover. Now, if I had some acreage and a big barn things could get outta control.

Keep my four, will be five this week. The don't ask, don't tell policy works here.

Buuuutttttttttttttttttttt, my grandson always gives me away. "I really like Pop-pop's new Wheel Horse."

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

I build a 8 foot fence my so wife can't see what's on the other side of the fence as I have 15 more wheel horses on that side. Also I have a detached garage/barn she never goes out side and see what's in there and I have another 12 wheel horses in there. Finally I buy and fix up power equipment and sometimes I give her a cut of the profits and that's the key and that what makes her happy...

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

I agree with Welderman85 -they seem to come looking for you -after the wife says no more!

Rooster

Dang- I knew I'd regret the divorce!!!

She said no more tractors or no more marriage…still have the tractors :)

• Like 2

Torino

I had the same thing happen. "I need to thin the heard." Right after I said that I found a 520xi with a snow plow with a broken trans but other wise good for 350 and a really nice '80 C-175 with a newer series 2 and rear hitch, extra mule drive for 300. Of course I bought them both. Maybe I will decide to thin the heard more often. We are all sick!

855ownerJoel

I believe that when buying Wheel Horses "Its easier getting forgiveness than permission".

• Like 4

krazy_horse

When it comes to dealing with my wife and the tractors we follow the don't ask don't tell policy. My policy is" No tractor left behind".LOL

AMC RULES

I believe that when buying Wheel Horses "Its easier getting forgiveness than permission".

There's a quote that should be on a tee shirt with the :wh: logo emblazoned across the back.

• Like 3

sadixon49

I've always believed that the secret to finding things you want, is to not be looking for what you want. I've wanted a small to mid size garden tractor for quite awhile. I'd given up looking for one. Then a month ago my neighbor came up to me and asked if I would like to buy his 312-8. $300.00 later here I am.

steve

post-8439-0-61958400-1351872120_thumb.jp

• Like 1

tommyg

You guys better hope your spouses aren't Red Square members. If so, you just blew your cover! :)

grnlark

my wife tells me I can buy all the stuff I want as long as it meets two criteria: 1) it cant be seen from the street and 2) it doesnt touch "our" money. A few years of smart buying and selling has created enough of a play stash that keeps my hobby self sufficient.

HorseFixer

After, air planes, bass boats, guns, fishing hunting trips, etc in comparison she thinks the tractors are ok! :thumbs: Ive been pretty lucky that she never questioned anything I have done. :eusa-whistle: on the tractors I agree they pop up when ya least expect them too. I have decided I dont need every one they make. on the Round Hoods I look for major design changes RJ-35 to RJ-58 Suburban 400 551, 701, 702, 633, 704, yeah theres a couple In there I would like to have but like mentioned earlier, space is a factor. 15 is about all I have room for. :dunno:

~Cheers :beer: ~Duke

Hydro

My biggest fear when I die is my wife will sell everything for what I said I paid for it! :eek:

• Like 1