Sign in to follow this  
posifour11

Rustoleum Leakseal?

posifour11

I came across this stuff today and had to buy it to see how it does. Has anyone tried it? And if so, did it even work? I'm thinking if trying it on a leaking gas tank on a murray to see if it holds up. Not sure if it can stand up to gas but, i guess it's worth a try.

Coadster32

Never heard of it before. Can you post up a pic??

Another member swears by Yamabond4 for just about any gasket seal.

HorseFixer

Me neither, But I have used POR 15 gas tank coating for years.

~Duke

stevebo

I sell commercial roofing materials as a manufactuer rep. I laugh every time I watch that infomercial. IMO the stuff is a joke. Good luck with it.

HENRYG

BILL HIRSCH GAS TANK SEALER WWW.TPTOOLS.COM CANTON OHIO WORKS AWESOME SEALED UP 1/8 INCH HOLES IN MY PANZER TANK

Wheel-N-It

Two months ago I sealed two small holes in the bottom of an old metal fuel tank using JB Weld. The same tank is full of gas right now, and does not leak at all. I know an old guy who used JB Weld to repair a hole in the gas tank of an old Chevy. He drove that car for another 15 years before the motor died, and the fuel tank never leaked a drop. My advice is to use the JB.

BTW, you can get the JB Weld in a putty/epoxy formula. Just cut off what you need and use it. Its sandable and paintable too.

JUSS10

I've used the JB weld putty to seal a hole in the side of a bike engine once that i laid down. Brake lever punched a hole right through. used some of that putty and it held up to the oil and heat of the motor. looked like i fixed it with chewing gum but the stuff worked great!

Coadster32

I've use JB on the front brake caliper of my old motorcycle. (Piston was froze up, and had to drill and press it out). It held up to the hydraulic pressure for a good 8 years.

wheelhorse656

I am a fan of seal all. It works great! I have sealed many of gas tanks with it! It hold great we sealed a cub 100 tank and it lasted for 6 years before we sold it bet its still holding! Dries clear and can be sanded smooth like JB weld. JB weld is good for engine blocks trans and thing in my opinion!

JC 1965

I've used the JB Weld on several things and it works great. I drilled and tapped threads in it on one repair and it worked great.