Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

Do your neighbors think you weird?

Teddy da Bear

Was all kinds of friendly till the first horse arrived. Heres your sign buddy
It's not your fault "he" is from the dark side of the force!.

You can always start calling him Darth Vadar! B)

combatmp29r

TT yes I do, but its buried deep in the garage so as not to be visible to the neighbors B)

JD he owns a 430 and has 430 syndrome. I thought I had met some 110 guys that were bad, but this is rediculouse. Oh and nope has nothing to do with motor orientation, one of the neighbors has a 60, and another an RX-75. They are still friendly though. Just the one with the JD Drive sign in his drive way and the green and yellow 18' car hauler B)

Maybe when Eldon gets here I can drag this 210 around the cul de sac with the V18 :whistle: Eldon would have to swear no to milk it on the deere though B)

linen beige

Oh and onw won't talk to me anymore because my tractors are Red not Green. :wtf: Was all kinds of friendly till the first horse arrived.

Maybe he's just overwhelmed with feelings of inadequacy. :banana:

You now, green with envy.

CasualObserver

You can always start calling him Darth Vadar!

I think Joel should be Vader.... as my av says....

"Evil will always win, because Good is dumb!"

combatmp29r

Now Jason just because I collect the dark side of the Horse. B) :whistle:

CasualObserver

"dark side of the "Horse".

B) Now that's funny right there! larry-cable-guy1.jpg

linen beige

May the " 'Horse " be with us all.

JosephC

B) My next door neighbor is about as crazy as I am,as I have 4 horses and 5 yellow cubs along with my 3 orange kubotas. He collects green deers has7 and simple orange tractors has 4. My neighbor that collects tractors the same as me is either at my garage or I am at his and if we don't get our lawn's trimmed or all mowed the other one finishes. We both tolerate the other neighbor as we both feel and every town should have one(by state mandate) "The Village Idiot".

nylyon

The neighbors didn't think it odd until they saw Brittany and me drag racing in the street today B)

Duff

The neighbors didn't think it odd until they saw Brittany and me drag racing in the street today B)

Yeah, but that will be a wonderful bonding experience you'll both remember the rest of your lives! :whistle: As one who doesn't have children (unless you count my Golden Retriever and Black Lab!), my hat is truly off to you and all of the other members here who share these wonderful tractors with your kids. B)

Thanks for the entertainment - and reaffirmation of family values!

Cheers!

Duff B)

CasualObserver

Another great thread from the basement.  Would love to see some new input!

MarkPalmer

The neighbors kids across the street think I'm very weird, but their dad is a mechanic so they do get a laugh out of the garbage I mess with and understand I'm having fun.  The neighbors along side me know me well enough now that if they stay up late and make a ton of noise, I'm not shy to drag an un-muffled Maytag engine out and fire it up with the exhaust facing their yard.  Sends them inside in a hurry :)  The summer partying until 3 AM has been getting less frequent lately.  :laughing-rofl:

-Mark-

• Like 1

Parrothead Al

I'm sure my neighbors think getting the WH is the sanest thing they've seen me do over the years. 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

That means you haven't collected enough of 'em yet Al.   :) 

• Like 1

puddlejumper

Well, being from this small town everybody knows I have been nuts from a early age. except a new neighbor moved in a year or so ago and word started traveling around about the town redneck, hillbilly, 100 or so rabbits out in the pens, pack of 10 or 12 beagles in the pens, deer hanging in public view out in the yard, Junk tractors setting everywhere. And he finally said enough that the neighbors started backing him down and telling him that he should be happy I was around. well a month or so went by and he showed up wanting a old snapper started, five minutes latter he was mowing with it. A little time passed and him and his wife where in the yard and he was complaining about a guy on the other side of him that was kinda obvious about cheating on his wife. I asked him in front of his wife if he had been messing with his wife. got a stammering no. So I told him it didnt concern him and to keep his nose in his own business. Well that pretty much stopped the complaining about me, and he pretty much avoided me for some time. but know he comes over meekishly once in awhile to have me fix something we are neighbors and I am neighborly. But he stays over there with his mouth shut and I stay over here.

squonk

My neighbor lady was just out mowing with her pusher. She gets done and keeps the engine running across her gravel drive throwing stones all over and then doesn't shut it off until she's in the garage throwing trash all over the place. Then I got noisy back yard neighbors that have parties all the time. I got a dual air horns off of a boat aimed at their yard and when it gets out of hand I connect them to my big compressor.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Lane Ranger

I live in a college town with professors all over my neighborhood -"my tractor weirdness"  fits right in!    I get lots of real street view stares and occasionally a question and some more detailed interest in the tractor.   Today was a hit as I was working in the garage and my neighbor  came across the street o ask for help with his mower.  His lawn was about 14 days overdue for a cutting and I did not know anything was wrong.   His mower  which was a one year old Craftsman power mower would not start.   I am not much of a motor man but I was impressed the neighbor changed the sparkplug, air filter and oil.  

I told him to take my push mower as I could not do more than mess up his mower as it did not start now!    I think the oil was overfilled a little and that kept the thing from running correctly.   But anyways it gave me an opportunity to pontificate about how I like these old tractors  and mowers I own because they run and work.   The motors with all the new air emissions stuff don't hold up for usage of the purpose of a mower.

I felt good after cleaning his mower carb and restarting it .  And I am glad he asked his weird neighbor for help!

bewford

i dont have neighbors

Me either that's the only way to have it.

AMC RULES

My neighbors learned rather quickly to keep their thoughts to themselves.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

I've also noted that most of 'em choose to divert their eyes when they drive by now too.   :scared-eek: 

How weird is that?   :ROTF:  

Kevbo

Mine think im nuts... But my parents say at least im not out doing drugs and im staying out of trobule :D

Mine have said the same thing! :laughing-rofl:

brandonozz

OK......My family has been attending a new church for the last couple of months and trying to get me to go.  Now it looks like I'm likely never going to start going there.

My wife comes in laughing the other day about the sermon the pastor had given.  He started talking about how heaven is so beautiful with green pastures.  Then he says, you know, those pastures are green because there filled with John Deere tractors.  Then he says, now you know where all the owners of John Deere tractors go when they pass.  THEN he says, where do you think all the people go who own those "red" tractors!

True story.

That just isn't funny.  (unless your my wife)

• Like 1

chevelletown

I got a lot of weird looks mowing with this set up.

reelmowers001.jpg

reelmowers002.jpg

• Like 4

bewford

I got a lot of weird looks mowing with this set up.

reelmowers001.jpg

reelmowers002.jpg

I bet so, seems like most people don't even mow their own yards anymore, let alone with a nifty setup like that.

• Like 1

squonk

OK......My family has been attending a new church for the last couple of months and trying to get me to go.  Now it looks like I'm likely never going to start going there.

My wife comes in laughing the other day about the sermon the pastor had given.  He started talking about how heaven is so beautiful with green pastures.  Then he says, you know, those pastures are green because there filled with John Deere tractors.  Then he says, now you know where all the owners of John Deere tractors go when they pass.  THEN he says, where do you think all the people go who own those "red" tractors!

True story.

That just isn't funny.  (unless your my wife)

Drive your Horse to that church and keep going up the steps and right inside! :)

• Like 4

6wheeler

Neighbors are funny creatures. Mine all mow with different rigs. The fella across the road from me is from India. He is one of those geeky techy types that has to have a new Craftsman every year. Then there is the retired auctioneer down the road a bit with the new JD cut (he runs it up and down the road to make sure we all know he has it). Then there is the part time farmer/full time PIA. That is trying to start a lawn care service with a couple of Scags (he puts flyers in the mail boxes offering to do our lawn care). Then there's my buddy a half a mile up the road that has the Country Clipper and a 72" finish mower behind a 3000 Ford. I get along with all of them just fine. They always tell me, "You should get newer mowers, You would get done faster". But, then I get "Jeez, Your yard always looks great". It takes the missus and me about 4 1/2 hours to mow our 5 acres (lots of trees) and it looks like a big "Park" when we are done. I always tell them, " Its Sunday Funday Mowday". And, the horses gotta play. So, I'll just keep what I got, thank you very much. The only odd question I ever got? Reddy (the India guy) always asks if I have to shoot the rabbits out of the kitchen window? Not if they stay out of the garden I don't. He doesn't ask any more.

• Like 1